Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic What an extrordinary musical instrument! (Read 4,009 times)
Lopa

Re: What an extrordinary musical instrument!
Reply #7 - May 3rd, 2010 at 6:41am
Post Tools
Hehehe! It's great stuff alright; but now I'm wondering whether I'm breaching some piracy clause they may have by playing it here?

I also was correct about the broken heart bit! Even though it appears she had already found that out? HAHAHAHA!

Quote:
Thank you love. Isn't it wonderful. I was overwhelmed until Brother Rod pointed out that it was all animation- not real at all, at all. boohoooboohoo.

Edit:

The clip has been removed for reasons expressed in the edited first post.  Cry
« Last Edit: May 3rd, 2010 at 7:41am by Lopa »  

I make mistakes - That's how I learn.
IP Logged

OH Eng
Past Team Members
Documentation Team

Reply #6 - May 3rd, 2010 at 6:15am
Post Tools
LOL well pick up one of their DVDs and make a big bowl of popcorn and watch the show.  These animations are so complex, not only perfectly synched to music but the motion effects.. the way the shading on everything and the lighting changes as you move.. just incredible.  You watch it 20 times, you see something new you missed the other 19 times.

All of what you see is primarily the work of 3 people working over a "farm" of rendering computers.  The producer and director composed all the music himself except for Cathedral Pictures, which are excerpts from Russian composer Modest Mussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition.  They have one digital artist, and the rest they do with computer animation programs.

This group was hired to make an animation in HDTV format for HP so they could use it to demonstrate their high-end projection equipment.  From that idea came the rest.

Really talented folks.

IP Logged

Lopa

Reply #5 - May 3rd, 2010 at 2:05am
Post Tools
Rats! I'm so shattered!  Grin Grin

That was sent to me in an email with no url - just the blog and the .wmv.  Sad

That's why I posted on my private space. Tongue

Now I'm going to have to break someone else's heart by steering her to this thread.

Cry

IP Logged

OH Eng
Past Team Members
Documentation Team

Reply #4 - May 3rd, 2010 at 1:05am
Post Tools
Hate to ruin a perfectly good internet rumor but there is no such machine.  This is the work of some very good and creative digital animators. 

The company is called Animusic.. and I have their DVD that includes this song called Pipe Dream 2.  Selections on the DVD include these:

Recognize the machine?

The music is awesome and the detail that goes into their animation is mind-boggling. 

Check out their site http://animusic.com/ and watch the little trailer movie.  You will see part of Pipe Dream 2 in it.  At the end of the trailer, you can preview Animusic 2 and see the clip for Pipe Dream.  But the best one on that DVD is Gyro Drums.  Unbelievable.

« Last Edit: May 3rd, 2010 at 1:15am by OH Eng »  

IP Logged

Lopa

Reply #3 - May 2nd, 2010 at 8:14pm
Post Tools
Sorry guys,

I should have added the story behind it in the first post. Sad

Which I have now done.  Wink

IP Logged

LoneWebSurfer
Past Team Members

Reply #2 - May 2nd, 2010 at 11:39am
Post Tools
pretty cool Cheesy that has to be the definition of precision  Grin

Closed all my sites due to lack of Internet access
IP Logged

OH Eng
Past Team Members
Documentation Team

Reply #1 - May 2nd, 2010 at 11:19am
Post Tools
That's kind of how I picture Subs.pl working... the Dev Team will tell you it's all Perl, but I think it's really just a bunch of balls flying out of pipes in the wall at just the precise time to make the program work.  Grin

IP Logged

Lopa

What an extrordinary musical instrument!
May 2nd, 2010 at 8:06am
Post Tools
Edit:

This clip has been removed by Lopa for the following reason:  Cry

Quote: Animusic.com

Quote:
We have officially designated a certain small subset of our animations as “promo pieces” that may be downloaded, viewed, uploaded, e-mailed, blogged or whatever other method you want to use to share Animusic with friends. We have to add “until further notice” since who knows what the future may hold and we might have to do something different. For the foreseeable future, please share away with our thanks.

For all of the other pieces found on the DVDs, we’ll have to ask you not to share them (e.g. ripping entire animations from a DVD and posting on YouTube). If you send a short clip such as the ones found on our site to spread the word…that’s great! We love that. It’s when our entire DVD ends up on YouTube (at a quality that’s far inferior to the DVD), some people just watch that and don’t buy the DVD. Clearly this isn’t the healthiest things for a small company trying to compete in a pretty intense space.

Read More
« Last Edit: May 3rd, 2010 at 7:36am by Lopa »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top