Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Forum Crash need advice (Read 1,386 times)
The Boy

Re: Forum Crash need advice
Reply #4 - May 17th, 2010 at 8:58am
Post Tools
OH Eng wrote on May 3rd, 2010 at 11:34am:
Glad you got it working again.  Good that you followed the advice to always (and frequently) make a backup.  Only takes one of these to make a believer in backkups.

Very, very true, hence I do my backups hourly Smiley

IP Logged

OH Eng
Past Team Members
Documentation Team

Reply #3 - May 3rd, 2010 at 11:34am
Post Tools
Glad you got it working again.  Good that you followed the advice to always (and frequently) make a backup.  Only takes one of these to make a believer in backkups.

IP Logged

Doherty

Reply #2 - May 3rd, 2010 at 6:23am
Post Tools
THANK YOU OH ENG you are the MAN!!!!

Used server backup of may1 things popped back up running the maint features now. Smiley
« Last Edit: May 3rd, 2010 at 6:52am by Doherty »  
IP Logged

OH Eng
Past Team Members
Documentation Team

Reply #1 - May 3rd, 2010 at 6:00am
Post Tools
When something went amiss with your host's server it most likely corrupted some or many of your files (like membergroups.txt).  Safest thing to do at this point is restore your forum to the last backup.

After restoring I would also do the maintenance functions (rebuild, recount, etc.).

IP Logged

Doherty

Forum Crash need advice
May 3rd, 2010 at 5:36am
Post Tools
Something went screwy with my site host server said they fixed but when things came back up the forum is missing all the post from members ( in the thousands)

http://poem.org/community/2.3.1/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl
In the server error log getting this error:
Code
Select All
Can't locate ./Variables/membergroups.txt in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i686-linux /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i686-linux /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.4 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . ./Modules ./Modules/Upload ./Modules/Digest) at /home/users/web/b2076/hy.poet/community/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl line 57.  

I have backups of the site at the server level but before i try that wondering if i should look for how to correct the error to bring things back up.
Any suggestions appreciated if a YaBB moderator wants server access to help me id even give that.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top