Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) can't locate BoardIndex.template (Read 2,350 times)
JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Re: can't locate BoardIndex.template
Reply #11 - May 30th, 2010 at 10:59am
Post Tools
Bod -

Please send me the new Paths.pl and I will look at it later.

I looked at the original, and that was the reason for my questions about vhosts in my earlier response.

thanks

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
IP Logged

Bod.
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #10 - May 30th, 2010 at 8:55am
Post Tools
I have upgraded to 2.4. As far I can see all is working now (ie solved my interface issues). I followed the instructions and it was all over very quickly.
However the error message is still appearing when clicking on 'Template Configuration'. Yes, it must be a path issue, but I can't spot it. I PM'd the paths to JonB for verification.
Happy to bury this one unless there is back-firing from the upgrade.
Thanks.

My altzeimer's is improving - I can't remember the last time I forgot something.

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #9 - May 26th, 2010 at 2:39pm
Post Tools
Bod. wrote on May 26th, 2010 at 12:13pm:
now the button icons are no longer displayed. I'm sure this is a basic error, but I can't find it searching this forum.

But the original error message Quote:
Can't locate ./Templates//BoardIndex.template in @INC
is still occuring.

Then you "still" have a Path Setting problem.

IP Logged

JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #8 - May 26th, 2010 at 2:39pm
Post Tools
that (no icons) is also, almost assuredly, a path problem. Likely one related to the HTML Dir entry.

Did you recently add a vhost (or switch to using vhosts) in Apache?

You could send me a PM and paste in your Paths.pl (you can't attach files to PM's)

I also have another suggestion, as long as you are not running any Mods that are not supported in YaBB 2.4, and have not made theme changes -- you could just upgrade to 2.4.  Its only a suggestion.

Good Luck
Smiley

IP Logged

Bod.
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #7 - May 26th, 2010 at 12:13pm
Post Tools
One step forward... one step back
I triple checked the path settings and found an error. The absolute path to the HTML directory began with "/var/wwwosts/, when it the other absolute paths were "/var/www/vhosts/". Changed that and the edit panel for messages now works!

But, now the button icons are no longer displayed. I'm sure this is a basic error, but I can't find it searching this forum.

But the original error message Quote:
Can't locate ./Templates//BoardIndex.template in @INC
is still occuring.

This is an old board - v2.3. It has also been through a few upgrades since 2.0.

My altzeimer's is improving - I can't remember the last time I forgot something.

IP Logged

JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #6 - May 25th, 2010 at 11:16pm
Post Tools
Is this an existing forum that stopped working, or a new installation?

If its a new install, why not just dump it and install fresh using the default locations, and allow the autofill of the installation for paths do its thing?

I have just about never known it it fail.

By defaults, I mean the yabb2 hierarchy goes in cgi-bin (or another ScriptAlias) and the yabbfiles hierarchy goes in the root of the web (htdocs, public_html, www or whatever Apache is configured for).

Then, just let YaBB do its thing!  Wink

Good Luck

Smiley

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #5 - May 25th, 2010 at 11:07pm
Post Tools
Bod. wrote on May 23rd, 2010 at 4:26am:
Can't locate ./Templates//BoardIndex.template

If this is the error you are getting ... it is because of the \\ shown after ./Templates   There should be only one \

In the Path Settings in the Admin Center, the Perl folders should be shown as:
.        <~~~~ root
./Admin
./Boards
./Help
./Languages
./Members
./Messages
./Sources
./Templates
./Variables
(no following /)

then html DIRs, should look something like:
"/home/vvcbbor1/public_html/Forum/yabbfiles"; # Base Path for all public-html files and folders
"/home/vvcbbor1/public_html/Forum/yabbfiles/avatars"; # Base Path for all avatar files
"/home/vvcbbor1/public_html/Forum/yabbfiles/Attachments"; # Base Path for all attachment files

URLs must start with http://
"http://www.vvcbb.org/Forum/yabbfiles"; # Base URL for all html/css files and folders
"http://www.vvcbb.org/Forum/yabbfiles/avatars"; # Base URL for all avatar files
"http://www.vvcbb.org/Forum/yabbfiles/Attachments"; # Base URL for all attachment files

IP Logged

Bod.
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #4 - May 25th, 2010 at 10:12pm
Post Tools
Quote:
Bod. wrote on May 24th, 2010 at 1:07pm:
The full path is "/cgi-bin/yabb2/Templates/default/BoardIndex.template".

Which is "incorrect" ....... 

OK - the cgi-bin is located under the URL, then the yabb2 directory hierarchy as in my previous post (apologies for incorrectly stating full path starting at the cgi-bin).

Quote:
Quote:
The "Absolute" path to forum is displayed at the top of the screen (2nd line down).You must use Absolute Path settings to your html folders and files.

The 2nd line of which screen? I checked paths.pl and forum setting - all looks good.

Quote:
What I was trying to say is that the error message that comes from ManageTemplates.pl, where the argument "$_[0]" is not being resolved.

The forum software works as coded. "IF" installer follows directions.

I believe I have followed the instructions. Just checked the installation guide I have the correction directories installed.

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #3 - May 24th, 2010 at 2:59pm
Post Tools
The full path is "/cgi-bin/yabb2/Templates/default/BoardIndex.template".

Which is "incorrect" ....... 

Quote:
The "Absolute" path to forum is displayed at the top of the screen (2nd line down).You must use Absolute Path settings to your html folders and files.

What I was trying to say is that the error message that comes from ManageTemplates.pl, where the argument "$_[0]" is not being resolved.

The forum software works as coded. "IF" installer follows directions.
« Last Edit: May 24th, 2010 at 3:00pm by »  

IP Logged

Bod.
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #2 - May 24th, 2010 at 1:07pm
Post Tools
Clarification. 
1. Yes the error does report the double quotes (that's what I am querying).
2. My reference to the actual file was just short hand for the actual location. The full path is "/cgi-bin/yabb2/Templates/default/BoardIndex.template".
I am asking why is the argument not being resolved to the value "default"?

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #1 - May 23rd, 2010 at 5:22am
Post Tools
./Templates//BoardIndex.template

under sub-directory "...\Templates\default".

2 problems ... Notice the double hash marks in the top quote, in bottom quote, you're using a relative dir, instead of an Absolute path.

When you click on Path Settings within the Admin Center, The "Absolute" path to forum is displayed at the top of the screen (2nd line down).  You must use Absolute Path settings to your html folders and files.
« Last Edit: May 23rd, 2010 at 5:22am by »  

IP Logged

Bod.
YaBB Newcomer

can't locate BoardIndex.template
May 23rd, 2010 at 4:26am
Post Tools
I was following up on a problem where the message icons are not working, when I found this message when clicking on the 'Template Configuration' link under Admin:

Error: Untrapped Error :
Can't locate ./Templates//BoardIndex.template in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl . ./Modules) at ./Admin/ManageTemplates.pl line 1669.

Checking the code, I deduce that ManageTemplates.pl is either failing to recognise argument $_[0], or null is being passed.  Consequently the file BoardIndex.pl can not be found.

I can see the file (BoardIndex.template) under sub-directory "...\Templates\default". I guess the string "default" is not being passed. I assume that something about my template configuration is not right.

Any suggestions?

BTW, I am still on v2.3

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top