Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) pm not working (Read 2,393 times)
3Down
YaBB Newcomer

pm not working
May 23rd, 2010 at 6:08am
Post Tools
for some reason i get the following everytime someone opens an pm

Method Not Implemented

GET to //YaBB.pl not supported.

any help would be good
« Last Edit: May 23rd, 2010 at 6:08am by 3Down »  

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Re: pm not working
Reply #1 - May 23rd, 2010 at 6:14am
Post Tools

IP Logged

3Down
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #2 - May 23rd, 2010 at 7:30am
Post Tools
CHEERS FIXED

i have disable guest access unchecked but u cant see forum as guest, i can find help on this either

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #3 - May 23rd, 2010 at 9:03am
Post Tools

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

3Down
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #4 - May 23rd, 2010 at 11:56am
Post Tools
did all that

still shows

System Information

You are not allowed to access this section.

IP Logged

OH Eng
Past Team Members
Documentation Team

Reply #5 - May 23rd, 2010 at 2:31pm
Post Tools
3Down wrote on May 23rd, 2010 at 11:56am:
did all that

still shows

Did all what? 

Are you looking to have your guests be able to see that there is a board and NOT be able to read the posts in it, or are you trying to give Guests full permission to see the boards AND be able to read the posts in the board(s)?

Quote:
i have disable guest access unchecked but u cant see forum as guest,

As the Codex entry points out, all this checkbox does is let guests see the name and description of the board on the board index page.  It does not allow them to access the board.  That is done by editing the board and at the very bottom where there are four permission blocks, you want the "Allowed to View" to have nothing highlighted in it.  No member groups checked = guests may view.  Use Control Key + mouse click to remove highlights.

See this tutorial
« Last Edit: May 23rd, 2010 at 2:32pm by OH Eng »  

IP Logged

3Down
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #6 - May 23rd, 2010 at 11:12pm
Post Tools
i followed all your instructions from start to finish

however

no one can see or post, i went over it 5 times as the codex page stated and the tutorial..... NO members or guests can see any part of the forum except the category and boards, once they go to click on the board they get the u are not allowed to access board, but as a Administrator i can, so only one who can see anything is me.

im now lost i have followed everything to the way im spose to to let ppl see.  i can give u access to my site if need be to see what im doing wrong

IP Logged

OH Eng
Past Team Members
Documentation Team

Reply #7 - May 24th, 2010 at 1:30am
Post Tools
Okay, first you have checked the "Allowed to View" has no member groups checked in both the Category and the Boards, yes?

Do you have any special restrictions on these boards, such as age or gender?  If you do, and the members have nothing entered in their profile for birth date or gender, the forum will not give them access.

If you want, I will have a look for you.  I will need you to create a test account and promote it to admin, then PM me the login details.

IP Logged

3Down
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #8 - May 24th, 2010 at 1:41am
Post Tools
pretty sure ive done as requested sending pm now

IP Logged

OH Eng
Past Team Members
Documentation Team

Reply #9 - May 24th, 2010 at 2:08am
Post Tools
Have your members try it now.  You had the gender in each board set to "both." You want it set to "none."  Both means it will allow acess for every member who has the gender in their profile filled out as M or F... but if they don't fill it out, it doesn't allow them access.  Selecting "none" means it doesn't care if they have M, F, or nothing in the profile. 

I set them all for "none," if you want them different you can adjust them in each board accordingly.  I think this will fix the problem, let me know if it doesn't.

I was not able to PM you on your forum even after adjusting my posts above the minimum number to send a PM.  I got a message saying you're ignoring PMs.

Edited:
Please Note:  In the upcoming version, the next release, this is changed from "None" to "All"
« Last Edit: May 24th, 2010 at 2:19am by OH Eng »  

IP Logged

3Down
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #10 - May 24th, 2010 at 2:11am
Post Tools
cheers works ty

IP Logged

OH Eng
Past Team Members
Documentation Team

Reply #11 - May 24th, 2010 at 2:23am
Post Tools
You're welcome.

Just a reminder for new admins: 

If you set a gender or an age restriction in your boards, the forum will look to the user's profile information as the only source of data for this information.  This means if you set an age restriction of, say, 18 or older for a board, it will only allow access to those who have entered a birth date in their profile, AND that birth date is such that they are 18 or older.  If they haven't filled out a birth date, the forum has no idea how old they are and will deny them access.

Likewise with gender restrictions.  Your options are M, F, Both, or None (in the next release None will be replaced with "All").  M and F work just as you'd think... if a board requires M, any user with M in their profile can access it.  Works the same for F.  If you select BOTH, that means it will allow access to either a user with a M or an F in their profile.  If a user doesn't have a gender specified, they don't get in.  That is what "None" (All) is for... that allows any user whether they've specified a gender in their profile or not to access the board.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top