Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) .JP Domains Blocked? why? (Read 3,170 times)
L_ith

.JP Domains Blocked? why?
Jun 13th, 2010 at 7:58pm
Post Tools
This is very odd i checked in anti spam settings email stuff nothing can be found related to JP domains

i have a user testing an account and he hashotmail

Hotmail.co.jp is the domain he used forgot password like 5 times NOTHING WAS SENT even when he signed up first

so i used forgot password on my account and walla   1 second

can someone explain this? does YaBB block this by default?  or??

.com .co.uk email domains seem to work fine why not co.jp?

« Last Edit: Jun 13th, 2010 at 8:00pm by L_ith »  

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Re: .JP Domains Blocked? why?
Reply #1 - Jun 13th, 2010 at 9:10pm
Post Tools
L_ith wrote on Jun 13th, 2010 at 7:58pm:
Hotmail.co.jp
is the domain he used forgot password like 5 times NOTHING WAS SENT even when he signed up first

No YaBB doesn't block jp or he would have never been able to register.  Check his profile and see what email address he used to sign up with.  IF correct ... tell him to look in his junk mail.

IP Logged

L_ith

Reply #2 - Jun 13th, 2010 at 9:23pm
Post Tools
Quote:
L_ith wrote on Jun 13th, 2010 at 7:58pm:
Hotmail.co.jp
is the domain he used forgot password like 5 times NOTHING WAS SENT even when he signed up first

No YaBB doesn't block jp or he would have never been able to register.  Check his profile and see what email address he used to sign up with.  IF correct ... tell him to look in his junk mail.

did all of that NOTHING is there he used  .com and it worked but its not his main email so when he changed back to .co.jp NOTHING

this is very odd because .com .com emails work in a second but .co.jp ? nothing was in the junk/spam folder

his email ends with hotmail.co.jp japanese hotmails
« Last Edit: Jun 13th, 2010 at 9:24pm by L_ith »  

IP Logged

JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Reply #3 - Jun 14th, 2010 at 12:39am
Post Tools
My 'guess' - its likely a problem with the SMTP server (or hotmail.jp) and not YaBB.

Good Luck
« Last Edit: Jun 14th, 2010 at 12:41am by JonB »  

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
IP Logged

L_ith

Reply #4 - Jun 14th, 2010 at 3:38pm
Post Tools
JonB wrote on Jun 14th, 2010 at 12:39am:
My 'guess' - its likely a problem with the SMTP server (or hotmail.jp) and not YaBB.

Good Luck

Well it still wont work,

and there is nothing wrong with my server SMTP i know that for sure.

as for hotmail.co.jp ? theres nothing wrong with that? as far as im aware.... veyr odd this maybe its just a matter of "waiting" and it might work out in the end? we will see

thx anyway guys!

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jun 14th, 2010 at 5:14pm
Post Tools
Google:
Quote:
www.hotmail.co.jp  ("sign in. Hotmail") has four IP numbers , which are the same as for hotmail.co.jp. All four of them are on the same IP network.

This hostname cnames to mail.live.com. hotmail.se, hotmail.ca, hotmail.jp, hotmail.de, hotmail.com and at least 24 other hosts point to the same IP. katkot.net, sh2soft.net, alshibami.net, zhengyuqi.com, beyond-ms.com and at least four other hosts use this as a mail server under another name.

hotmail.co.jp is a domain controlled by three name servers at msft.net. All three of them are on different IP networks. Incoming mail for hotmail.co.jp is handled by four mail servers at hotmail.com. Having a total of twelve IP numbers. There are 36 duplicated IP numbers. Some of them are on the same IP network.

You might also be interested in hotmail.co.il, hotmail.co.uk, hotmail.com.br, hotmail.com.ar and hotmail.com.tr.

www.hotmail.co.jp is ranked #7547399 world wide as hotmail.co.jp and is hosted on four servers in United States even though the hostname implies Japan. It has 98 inlinks.

Trustworthiness and vendor reliability of this site is poor. Privacy is very poor. (more on reputation).It is blacklisted in three lists. Search for hotmail.co.jp.

« Last Edit: Jun 14th, 2010 at 5:15pm by »  

IP Logged

L_ith

Reply #6 - Jun 14th, 2010 at 5:33pm
Post Tools
wow john blacklisted it says?

and thats very odd the servers are in USA?!?!?

hmmm interesting that!

IP Logged

JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Reply #7 - Jun 14th, 2010 at 6:19pm
Post Tools
as for being in the US: well, it IS owned by Microsoft.

You should inquire with whomever is the provider of the SMTP server you use.  Big mail forwarders have their own constantly varying spam algorithms/engines. I deal a lot with Yahoo Bizmail, and have even had problems with intra-domain forwarding when using 'outside' SMTP's as forwarder's. Yahoo has a whole desk for registering bulk-mailers, one you can describe your bulk-mail policies on, and make sure you don't get blacklisted.  Whole ISP's can get 'lagged' (throttled) or blacklisted if they don't catch bot invasions. I use one this happened to briefly and they were going nuts. Nerim.fr has these kind of problems from time to time.

We (speaking for myself) lose registration mail into the wild blue yonder all the time. Particularly on hotmail, although I can't say why that is true.  Yahoo is probably next most likely to go astray, but that is almost always to the junk/spam/bulk folder -- its almost always delivered. Gmail also always get delivered.  Remember you can always manually register the ones that get lost, ditto fix passwords.

Good Luck
Smiley

Edited:
are you saying you run your own SMTP server? or is it something that comes with your hosting package? - that can make a difference with domain keys
« Last Edit: Jun 14th, 2010 at 6:23pm by JonB »  

IP Logged

L_ith

Reply #8 - Jun 14th, 2010 at 6:28pm
Post Tools
JonB,

My website is its own (DOMAIN .COM) the SMTP is fine as far as im aware members can sign up, but .co.jp doesnt work... so it might be my SMTP that wont allow this type of domain yes?

should i contact them about it?

IP Logged

JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Reply #9 - Jun 14th, 2010 at 6:58pm
Post Tools
It could be.  If the SMTP server was 'set up' by your provider (you didn't create or configure it), what is happening is your domain is being serviced by one (or more) of their SMTP servers (probably by way of an MX record). So they would have configured it.  Most SMTP servers are set up with tools (like spamassassin and others) that 'score' messages.  There are also plug-in services for mailservers.  Just send an e-mail describing the problem to the appropriate help desk.

http://spamassassin.apache.org/

Good Luck
« Last Edit: Jun 14th, 2010 at 7:01pm by JonB »  

IP Logged

L_ith

Reply #10 - Jun 14th, 2010 at 7:07pm
Post Tools
Thanks JonB!!

thansks man!

IP Logged