Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Allowing Facebook users to use their FB login (Read 4,657 times)
xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Re: Allowing Facebook users to use their FB login
Reply #5 - Oct 10th, 2012 at 1:26pm
Post Tools
this may be of help to any one that still wants to try and make a login for YaBB from facebook

A Perl implementation of the Facebook API
http://search.cpan.org/~unobe/WWW-Facebook-API-0.4.18/lib/WWW/Facebook/API.pm

there is also
Facebook::Graph
http://search.cpan.org/~rizen/Facebook-Graph/lib/Facebook/Graph.pm
« Last Edit: Oct 10th, 2012 at 1:39pm by xnoddyx »  

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

Corey Chapman
YaBB Administrator

None
Reply #4 - Aug 22nd, 2010 at 7:35pm
Post Tools
@ Devs - Bump

OpenID support is a must nowadays.  Only a few forum systems have adopted it so far, but many major websites and systems now use it.  We need to be on the forefront of this - I was hoping to have implemented it a few years ago when the creates of OpenID first approached YaBB when we were one of the big players.  We missed that major opportunity and now need to catch up.

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #3 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 3:18pm
Post Tools
Corey Chapman wrote on Jul 8th, 2010 at 3:05pm:
I think this is something we MUST implement in YaBB to stand out from other forum systems.

yes i think this is the way to go as this is being dun more and more 2 days ago i link my google mail to my youtube ac so and i think this is the way to go will can it happen to YaBB who knows ?? if it can then yes it shud as with sub boards and from what i have been looking at is that social networking is more and more of what ppl do day to day and in saying this may be yabb can look at
having a user home page like bebo or fb in sted of just the View Profile to biring yabb into the 21st century what do yous think?????????
« Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2010 at 3:28pm by xnoddyx »  

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

Corey Chapman
YaBB Administrator

None
Reply #2 - Jul 8th, 2010 at 3:05pm
Post Tools
I have wanted to support OpenID for a few years now when it was still new.  I think this is something we MUST implement in YaBB to stand out from other forum systems.  It has recently been adopted by AOL, Facebook, Yahoo, Google, SourceForge, and many other large players.

IP Logged

JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #1 - Jun 21st, 2010 at 2:50pm
Post Tools
Ummm - yes, LOL

But its a great IDEA!  (this has been discussed before)

I believe you can safely start work on it with the version 2.x code, and not worry about a re-write anytime soon. (I am not speaking for anyone other than myself -- and any developer might give you other advice)

I have already thought about how to do password/user synchronization with YaBB, so if you want to send me an e-mail or PM, I'll respond to it.

Smiley

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
IP Logged

AustinBoatForums
YaBB Newcomer

Allowing Facebook users to use their FB login
Jun 17th, 2010 at 2:40am
Post Tools
I am getting in a unique situation where Facebook is attracting some of the audience which would be better served by a message board but aren't familiar with message boards. They are using groups on Facebook that do not have nearly as great functionality on Yabb to discuss topics.

I hope to bridge this gap by allowing users to login with their Facebook information. I see other web sites around the internet that do this.

Is this possible or is it dramatically more complicated than I expect?

Where Austin boaters come together to talk about Lake Austin, Lake Travis and all the other great things about Austin boating:

http://www.austinboatforums.com

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top