Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Board moderator can't see modify, delete buttons (Read 1,739 times)
shooter56

Board moderator can't see modify, delete buttons
Jun 23rd, 2010 at 7:29pm
Post Tools
I have a board moderator on my YaBB 2.4 forum who says he can't see the Modify or Delete buttons on posts within his boards. I know he's configured as a moderator, not only because his username says so, but also, he's able to see our "Staff Talk" board that is only visible to moderators. But yet he says he does not have the ability to modify any posts within his boards - not even his own, according to him.

Any ideas on what might be causing this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

IP Logged

LoneWebSurfer
Past Team Members

Re: Board moderator can't see modify, delete buttons
Reply #1 - Jun 23rd, 2010 at 9:15pm
Post Tools
Does he see a tab that reads update session? Sounds like he should....

Closed all my sites due to lack of Internet access
IP Logged

shooter56

Reply #2 - Jun 24th, 2010 at 12:03pm
Post Tools
He says he does NOT see an update session button.

I went in as admin and changed his password so that I could login as him. When I did login as him, I COULD see the Delete, Modify and Split buttons. So I'm not sure what's happening on his end.

Anyone have any ideas, in light of the fact that I see the buttons when I login as him, but he does not?

Thanks in advance for your help.

IP Logged

LoneWebSurfer
Past Team Members

Reply #3 - Jun 24th, 2010 at 2:42pm
Post Tools
Is it possable he isn't lookng in the right place? I know that may sound silly...but if he is a new moderator?? Also...if you logged In as him....then he must see a tab for updating session as you both would have different ip numbers...the software will ask for the password for security reason to ensure it is really him...he won't see any controls untill he updates his session. It's obviously not an error with your forum if it worked for you and the other mods...

IP Logged

shooter56

Reply #4 - Jun 24th, 2010 at 3:17pm
Post Tools
Thanks for your note. I'm sure he's looking in the right place because I took a screen grab to show him where the buttons were, and in photoshop, I selected them and made the rest of the screen grab black and white. No way he could have missed them.

When I logged in as him, I didn't have an update session button. Are you saying that he should have one the next time he signs in?

I appreciate the help.

IP Logged

LoneWebSurfer
Past Team Members

Reply #5 - Jun 24th, 2010 at 8:47pm
Post Tools
Have you disabled sessions in  admin center? If so..this would explain why there is no update sessions tab...  Is he a moderator of just one section? Or global mod...
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2010 at 8:50pm by LoneWebSurfer »  

IP Logged

shooter56

Reply #6 - Jun 25th, 2010 at 8:30pm
Post Tools
I have never knowingly disabled sessions, though I have to admit that I don't know how or where to do that Smiley

He is not a global moderator, only moderator of 3 or 4 boards.

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jun 27th, 2010 at 2:10pm
Post Tools
shooter56 wrote on Jun 25th, 2010 at 8:30pm:
I have never knowingly disabled sessions, though I have to admit that I don't know how or where to do that Smiley

He is not a global moderator, only moderator of 3 or 4 boards.

Within the Admin Center, along left side menu, under Security Center - Security Settings:
Quote:
Activate Session ID's?
This protects the Administrative Functions based on a three part Session Key based on IP address
  Uncheck box !  (Save)

Have mod come to forum, the push ctrl f5 (to refresh) and then see if message edit buttons are viewable only in boards he is setup as a moderator of.
« Last Edit: Jun 27th, 2010 at 2:10pm by »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top