Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Users do not have (Read 2,000 times)
Captain John
Ex Member

Re: Users do not have
Reply #7 - Jun 25th, 2010 at 8:41pm
Post Tools
It's been awhile since I used Y2.2, but is there a membergroups.txt file in the ./Variables folder of the old forum ?
  Membergroup info is now written within the Settings.pl file of Y2.4, also in the new forums ./Variables folder.

IP Logged

quux
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #6 - Jun 25th, 2010 at 4:19pm
Post Tools
Bah.  I'm not having any success.

Capt'n John, could you tell me where to find the instructions for the membergroup setup?  I'm looking in the quick guide, can't seem to find.

Thanks again!!

IP Logged

quux
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #5 - Jun 25th, 2010 at 2:50pm
Post Tools
Hm.† I'm the one who did this migration and I did perform these steps (prepending upgrade_* to the three files then moving them to cgi-bin/yabb2/Variables/.

Is there anything else that could be causing this?

IP Logged

quux
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #4 - Jun 25th, 2010 at 2:35pm
Post Tools
OK.  I've contacted the admin, they've logged out, I've set the site to maintenance mode.

Is this a fix I can make simply be re-importing all the ./Variables files?

Reading through the codex now...

Thanks Captain!

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 25th, 2010 at 2:11pm
Post Tools
Sounds like she missed some ./Variables files upgrade, this is confusing for some Admins who were upgrading from an old version (not the latest, before the New version).
"Quick-Guide" Quote:
Now copy the following files to a separate folder and rename them as it is shown here:
advsettings.txt => upgrade_advsettings.txt
secsettings.txt => upgrade_secsettings.txt
Settings.pl => upgrade_Settings.pl
then move the renamed files into cgi-bin/yabb2/Variables/ of your new forum.

† For membergroup setup (new) see the YaBB Codex.
† †Note: if she hasn't opened up the new forum for posting (or can live with losing the new posts since the upgrade), she can Install a new YaBB 2.4 installation and do the old forum file transfer again.
« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2010 at 2:28pm by »  

IP Logged

quux
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #2 - Jun 25th, 2010 at 2:00pm
Post Tools
Hi Captain, thanks for the super fast reply.  This actually isn't *my* forum, it's for someone else, so I'm kind of doing shuttle troubleshooting, this is what I got back from her when I inquired into the details:

"All of the BOD groupsÖ it was an added group.. Iíve tried to reestablish it and the permissions can I canít remember how to do it.. I had to redo a lot of the board settings already too."

AFAIK I performed every step of the migration.  Is it possible I missed something?

Thanks!

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Jun 25th, 2010 at 1:40pm
Post Tools
quux wrote on Jun 25th, 2010 at 1:27pm:
but my users seem to have lost all of their settings

What kind of settings ?

IP Logged

quux
YaBB Newcomer

Users do not have
Jun 25th, 2010 at 1:27pm
Post Tools
Greetings,

I recently upgraded from v2.2 to 2.4, followed the upgrade instructions but my users seem to have lost all of their settings.† Wondering if anyone had encountered this before.

Three things went a little off-course during the install.† I don't think any of them play into problem I'm seeing but I should probably mention them in case they are related.

• I was not able to bring over the backed up files in the attachment directory.
  • When running step #12 of the upgrade instructions, I received an error while running Rebuild Message Index in Maintenance Controls.† ("unable to open ./Boards/general.tmp").† That file does not exist.
  • The unzip module is not installed

Thanks much in advance for the assistance, all!

quux

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top