YaBB Community and Support Forum
YaBB Home About YaBB Download YaBB YaBB Support Customize Your Forum Development Contribute to the Project
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

Lost messages in a board (Read 1,369 times)
 Jun 30th, 2010 at 8:18am
There are no actions to perform.  

Yabbero 
Spain

None
Lost messages in a board
Hi!! Smiley

I have a 2.4 version installed and, since last week, sometimes one board looses its messages...

They appears again when I go to the admin zone and I do a rebuild but is strange...

I have some questions and any help will be welcome Smiley

- Any idea about whats happening?
- How to rebuild messages and members correctly? I mean, is there any order for the rebuild or the order doesn't matter?

By the way, since last week the server processor is sometimes overload. I have installed a photo album in the server also and I'm afraid that somebody is uploading veeeeery big files (sometimes, the processor has a load of 95%!!!!). Maybe is this but I'm not sure because the forum seems to work ok.

Thanks a lot!!!!

IP Logged  
 Reply #1 - Jun 30th, 2010 at 2:53pm
Captain John 
Ex Member

None
Re: Lost messages in a board
Yabbero wrote on Jun 30th, 2010 at 8:18am:
How to rebuild messages and members correctly? I mean, is there any order for the rebuild or the order doesn't matter?

It is always good to run top to bottom.

Yabbero wrote on Jun 30th, 2010 at 8:18am:
since last week the server processor is sometimes overload. I have installed a photo album in the server also and I'm afraid that somebody is uploading veeeeery big files (sometimes, the processor has a load of 95%!!!!)

Possibly due to leeching ... users "downloading". (right click and save).  Or even worse, they are placing the images on their sites, by using an url to your images on your site.
« Last Edit: Jun 30th, 2010 at 2:54pm by N/A »  

IP Logged  
 Reply #2 - Jun 30th, 2010 at 8:43pm

JonB 
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team
Land of the Blazing Sun!

None
Hi Yabbero!

Which Photo Gallery did you add?

Huh

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

IP Logged  
 Reply #3 - Jul 1st, 2010 at 8:07am

Yabbero 
Spain

None
Thanks!

I'm using ts one

http://gallery.menalto.com/

IP Logged  
 Reply #4 - Jul 1st, 2010 at 1:48pm

JonB 
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team
Land of the Blazing Sun!

None
My guess is you need to start disabling features in that Gallery if it is to share the server with your forum.  In particular, dynamic image resizing and Image manipulation/editing are processor killers.  Does it batch-process thumbnail generation when uploading or do it real-time (only permanently storing the original images)?

A process monitor is what's needed to get to what is burdening the server.

The Captain made a very good point about hot-linking. If you only want them to be able to use it for themselves, you could make a 'referrer' .htaccess file that makes it so that only requests from your domain will be honored. This way, it will work when they are on your site, but when a request (link) comes from a different domain, it is refused.  (if you want this I have the right directives).

I think if you want it to be 'open to all' for linking you will need a revenue stream to support it, either advertisements or a small subscription fee. The other alternative is slightly restricted options for using the gallery.

Realistically, It probably needs its own server, so it doesn't kill everything else.

Buena suerte!
Smiley

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

IP Logged  
 Reply #5 - Jul 6th, 2010 at 9:21am

Yabbero 
Spain

None
Thanks!!!

Yes, this is what i think: it needs its own server Smiley

Gracias!!!

IP Logged  
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

Get Yet another Bulletin Board at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads Support This Project BoardMod - YaBB features and templates YaBB Codex - support on installation and usage YaBB Toolbar for your browser

YaBB Facebook Group Page

Vulnerability Scanner

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl
YaBB Chat and Support Community » Powered by YaBB 3.0 Beta!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2011. All Rights Reserved.