Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Camp Oven Cooking In Australia (COCIA) (Read 9,525 times)
Derek
Ex Member

Camp Oven Cooking In Australia (COCIA)
Jul 3rd, 2010 at 4:16am
Post Tools
With YaBB being ten on 4 July just thought I would throw my old forum back up here again.

Been going five years now, had a few upgrades and quite a few Mods.  Currently stuck on Version 2.3.1 because I couldn't be bothered upgrading to 2.4 with all the Mods.

Enjoy

http://www.aussiecampovenforum.com
« Last Edit: Jul 3rd, 2010 at 4:17am by »  

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Re: Camp Oven Cooking In Australia (COCIA)
Reply #1 - Jul 14th, 2010 at 2:09am
Post Tools
5 years and almost 40,000 posts .. seems you found the niche' for your forum !  Congrats !!

IP Logged

ni

Reply #2 - Jul 14th, 2010 at 4:19am
Post Tools
Its being ages since I last went onto this forum, I recall your camp oven forum a couple years back... unfortunitly I can't post my dog forum back up here as its no longer with YaBB - though in saying that I still have the YaBB forum installed on a directory  Wink I ended up migrating to Wordpress for the blogging and in doig that learnt php ... however i would have never got into forums and website building if it wasn't for YaBB and all the people on here  Smiley

I do miss the YaBB forum and regretted using my current one, but it was the only one which seemed to work with wordpress  Undecided

I've also done quite a bit of work with regards to adsense and forum optimisation... which i've found extremely tricky - blogging applications CTR are great... forums are terrible  Grin is there a discussion on adsense and YaBB forums yet?
« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2010 at 4:21am by ni »  
IP Logged

Derek
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Aug 14th, 2010 at 5:55am
Post Tools
Ni

Long time no see.  If I remember I upgraded YaBB for you once.

YaBB has been and has done EVERYTHING I have ever wanted it to.

Have no intention of ever changing.

IP Logged

Derek
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 4:56am
Post Tools
Seems this section of YaBB Forum is not getting a lot of use these days  Undecided

IP Logged

batchman
Support Team

Reply #5 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 4:12am
Post Tools
Yes, I have to admit it is pretty quiet. Didn't get too many comments on my latest forum ... that's ok, didn't get many real members, either ... there are two of us. Still, the forum serves it's purpose, and I am still glad to have it!

Took another look at yours for the first time in two or three years, and it still looks pretty nice!

IP Logged

Derek
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Feb 11th, 2012 at 10:54am
Post Tools
Still going strong here in Australia. Have looked at other forum software and even done a few conversions but YaBB still has it over the others

http://www.aussiecampovenforum.com

Derek

IP Logged

Derek
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Apr 7th, 2012 at 9:38am
Post Tools
Have upgraded to YaBB 2.5 and still going strong.

Derek

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #8 - Apr 7th, 2012 at 4:25pm
Post Tools
Derek, I really like how you integrated your website into your forum; very nicely done. The same beautiful background is a very nice touch.

I noticed that you have an interesting way to keep spammers from registering in your forum, and that you wisely included a "Registration Help" link in your menu.

Especially because YaBB makes it so easy through the Admin Center to modify your "user agreement" and also your "Forum Help" sections, you might want to think of including at least one line about the special instructions that you've presented for registering in your forum.

Your forum is already pretty perfect as it is; just sayingWink

So maybe in both your "user agreement" and your "Forum Help" sections people might see the following (or however you choose to word it, with an emphasis in red, or not):

Special Instructions: Click here for details.

Keep in mind, too, through Admin Center you can also easily edit the message people get when they receive an automated rejection of their registration. In "Forum Controls" under "Email Messages" you can edit the appropriate file (verified in YaBB 2.4).

Isn't it great that YaBB gives us the ability to do these kind of things?  Smiley

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #9 - Apr 7th, 2012 at 6:39pm
Post Tools
Bill Myers wrote on Apr 7th, 2012 at 4:25pm:
... you might want to think of including at least one line about the special instructions that you've presented for registering in your forum.

Sorry; evidently this forum no longer allows for the modification of one's own posts (at least this one post of mine that as of this new post is only a little over an hour old). So ...

Ironically, Derek, I hadn't even followed my own advice.  Shocked

But thanks to you, as an example, in our forum we now have a line at the top of our user agreement just below the Verification Code box that reads as follows:

Important: Carefully read the instructions about what to type in the Verification Code box above. You need to remember not to include the first two and last two characters.

Highlighted, our notice is kind of hard to miss.  Wink

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #10 - Apr 7th, 2012 at 6:45pm
Post Tools
Bill Myers wrote on Apr 7th, 2012 at 6:39pm:
Sorry; evidently this forum no longer allows for the modification of one's own posts (at least this one post of mine that as of this new post is only a little over an hour old). So ...

Okay; evidently I can still modify my own posts in other parts of this forum, if it's done within 5 days, but some kind of bug is immediately locking this particular topic; at least for me.

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #11 - Apr 7th, 2012 at 7:11pm
Post Tools
Bill Myers wrote on Apr 7th, 2012 at 6:45pm:
Okay; evidently I can still modify my own posts in other parts of this forum, if it's done within 5 days, but some kind of bug is immediately locking this particular topic; at least for me.

Now I remember!  Roll Eyes

I seem to recall that a bug in YaBB 2.5 was reported that mentioned how posts will lock up when an Ex Member is listed.

Additionally, I just noticed that this same bug also ignores a member's setting to view posts in reverse order.

IP Logged

Derek Bullock
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jun 11th, 2012 at 12:55pm
Post Tools
Have changed the theme of my forum.

Also changed my website so the two look "alike"

http://www.aussiecampovencook.com/

Cheers

Derek

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #13 - Jun 11th, 2012 at 4:31pm
Post Tools
Quote:
Have changed the theme of my forum.

Also changed my website so the two look "alike"

http://www.aussiecampovencook.com/

Great marriage of a website and a forum. Way to go!  Smiley

As I've mentioned before, this is yet another reason to choose YaBB over other forum software; the flexibility is superior.

IP Logged

JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Reply #14 - Jun 11th, 2012 at 4:56pm
Post Tools
Very nice job Derek~

I wish you continued good luck (although your hard work and efforts are the big thing)  Wink.

Cool

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top