Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Camp Oven Cooking In Australia (COCIA) (Read 9,271 times)
zaza
YaBB Newcomer

Re: Camp Oven Cooking In Australia (COCIA)
Reply #21 - Jun 3rd, 2013 at 3:32pm
Post Tools
is the forum icon a bonfire?

IP Logged

Derek Bullock
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Feb 9th, 2013 at 11:57am
Post Tools
Yabb 2.5AE with 32 mods Smiley

http://aussiecampovenforum.com

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #19 - Jul 17th, 2012 at 2:07am
Post Tools
Quote:
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I see it now.

Yes I always use Firefox  Cool

Back to the drawing board Smiley

Thanks

lol its cool if you want i can see where the prob is coming from for you no need to go Back to the drawing board  Grin

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

Derek Bullock
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Jul 17th, 2012 at 1:41am
Post Tools
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I see it now.

Yes I always use Firefox  Cool

Back to the drawing board Smiley

Thanks

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #17 - Jul 17th, 2012 at 1:30am
Post Tools
Quote:
Hi

It is meant to default left with the page of the book open.  You will notice that yjr actual book page stays the same size.

I am experimenting with background colours and images at present

sorry i will explain my self better i have also edited the pic to show what is what the top part is when i first load the home page and the bottom is after i remove the width: 879px; part sorry for any confusion Derek it looks fine in firefox just not in IE

YaBB install help video
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
IP Logged

Derek Bullock
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Jul 17th, 2012 at 12:36am
Post Tools
Hi

It is meant to default left with the page of the book open.  You will notice that yjr actual book page stays the same size.

I am experimenting with background colours and images at present

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #15 - Jul 16th, 2012 at 6:15pm
Post Tools
Quote:
Have changed the theme of my forum.

Also changed my website so the two look "alike"

http://www.aussiecampovencook.com/

Cheers

Derek

looking relly good as most of you know now i like IE and on your website the div fw-footer width: 879px;
offsets this to the center of the page but when i remove this aligns left agen here is a pic of it

YaBB install help video
IP Logged

JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Reply #14 - Jun 11th, 2012 at 4:56pm
Post Tools
Very nice job Derek~

I wish you continued good luck (although your hard work and efforts are the big thing)  Wink.

Cool

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.5
Reply #13 - Jun 11th, 2012 at 4:31pm
Post Tools
Quote:

Great marriage of a website and a forum. Way to go!  Smiley

As I've mentioned before, this is yet another reason to choose YaBB over other forum software; the flexibility is superior.

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

Derek Bullock
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jun 11th, 2012 at 12:55pm
Post Tools

Cheers

Derek

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.5
Reply #11 - Apr 7th, 2012 at 7:11pm
Post Tools
Bill Myers wrote on Apr 7th, 2012 at 6:45pm:
Okay; evidently I can still modify my own posts in other parts of this forum, if it's done within 5 days, but some kind of bug is immediately locking this particular topic; at least for me.

Now I remember!  Roll Eyes

I seem to recall that a bug in YaBB 2.5 was reported that mentioned how posts will lock up when an Ex Member is listed.

Additionally, I just noticed that this same bug also ignores a member's setting to view posts in reverse order.

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.5
Reply #10 - Apr 7th, 2012 at 6:45pm
Post Tools
Bill Myers wrote on Apr 7th, 2012 at 6:39pm:
Sorry; evidently this forum no longer allows for the modification of one's own posts (at least this one post of mine that as of this new post is only a little over an hour old). So ...

Okay; evidently I can still modify my own posts in other parts of this forum, if it's done within 5 days, but some kind of bug is immediately locking this particular topic; at least for me.

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.5
Reply #9 - Apr 7th, 2012 at 6:39pm
Post Tools
Bill Myers wrote on Apr 7th, 2012 at 4:25pm:
... you might want to think of including at least one line about the special instructions that you've presented for registering in your forum.

Sorry; evidently this forum no longer allows for the modification of one's own posts (at least this one post of mine that as of this new post is only a little over an hour old). So ...

Ironically, Derek, I hadn't even followed my own advice.  Shocked

But thanks to you, as an example, in our forum we now have a line at the top of our user agreement just below the Verification Code box that reads as follows:

Important: Carefully read the instructions about what to type in the Verification Code box above. You need to remember not to include the first two and last two characters.

Highlighted, our notice is kind of hard to miss.  Wink

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.5
Reply #8 - Apr 7th, 2012 at 4:25pm
Post Tools
Derek, I really like how you integrated your website into your forum; very nicely done. The same beautiful background is a very nice touch.

I noticed that you have an interesting way to keep spammers from registering in your forum, and that you wisely included a "Registration Help" link in your menu.

Especially because YaBB makes it so easy through the Admin Center to modify your "user agreement" and also your "Forum Help" sections, you might want to think of including at least one line about the special instructions that you've presented for registering in your forum.

Your forum is already pretty perfect as it is; just sayingWink

So maybe in both your "user agreement" and your "Forum Help" sections people might see the following (or however you choose to word it, with an emphasis in red, or not):

Special Instructions: Click here for details.

Keep in mind, too, through Admin Center you can also easily edit the message people get when they receive an automated rejection of their registration. In "Forum Controls" under "Email Messages" you can edit the appropriate file (verified in YaBB 2.4).

Isn't it great that YaBB gives us the ability to do these kind of things?  Smiley

IP Logged

Derek
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Apr 7th, 2012 at 9:38am
Post Tools
Have upgraded to YaBB 2.5 and still going strong.

Derek

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top