Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Email Failures (Read 1,135 times)
Jkulin

Re: Email Failures
Reply #4 - Jul 31st, 2010 at 3:24pm
Post Tools
Cheers Captain, I can understand where your coming from, just that one of the other admins could have done with an advice note, I can bcc him in on the rmail notification, but it would just have saved me time if done automatically.

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jul 31st, 2010 at 3:21pm
Post Tools
Jkulin wrote on Jul 31st, 2010 at 3:04pm:
forum is by invitation only, so when I set up a new user then I wanted him to receive a new member notification,

As Admin registering (or approving) a member, it won't.  Notifications are enabled "when" the Admin is unaware a member has registered.  Wouldn't make sense when an Admin registers a new member, then an email is sent out to notify the Admin a new member registered.

IP Logged

Jkulin

Reply #2 - Jul 31st, 2010 at 3:04pm
Post Tools
Morning Captain Grin

As far as I can ascertain it only works when "Pre-registration with email member activation"  is selected.

My mate lives in the other part of the country and the carpnuts.co.uk forum is by invitation only, so when I set up a new user then I wanted him to receive a new member notification, I have tried leaving it blank so it defaults to the webmaster (forum default) which I get notifications about so I know the email is working and I have tried putting in his email address, but it does not seem to work.

As I say if I set it to "Pre-registration with email member activation"  then the email notifications works perfectly.

Is there a bug?
« Last Edit: Jul 31st, 2010 at 3:04pm by Jkulin »  

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Jul 31st, 2010 at 2:55pm
Post Tools
Are you sure ?  Inserting an email address in
Admin Center - Advanced Settings - Email tab

Webmaster Email Address  (must be valid)

Settings for New Member Notification Email

Notification email for new member?
If checked, a notification concerning the registration of a new member will be sent to the email address below.      

Notification email address:
If left blank, the email will be sent to: forum's webmaster's email address (as entered above)

Could end up in the email junk box. (unless the mail program has the address specified as Safe).

IP Logged

Jkulin

Email Failures
Jul 31st, 2010 at 2:22pm
Post Tools
I'm the first to admit that my knowledge is basic, but having had great help from the Capt. and  Jon, I wonder if you can advise?

I have two forums to setup, both are working really nicely, and the email notifications for new posts etc. are working very well, however one function that I cannot seem to get to work as I would like is under: -

Admin Center/Forum Settings/Members/Registration: -

If I changed to: -

"Pre-registration with email activation and admin approval" and then go to the advance settings/email/settings for new members notification and check "email for new member notification" and either leave blank the email address or put an email address in, then we get no email notification.

It might seem a bit daft, but I'm controlling new members on one of the forums but I want one of the global moderators to see which members are signing up so that in my absence he can keep an eye.

The new email notification only seems to work if I change that to "Pre-registration with email member activation" I get the new member notification.

Any advice would be welcome.
« Last Edit: Jul 31st, 2010 at 2:22pm by Jkulin »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top