Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Upgrading and lost some posts (Read 1,312 times)
Captain John
Ex Member

Re: Upgrading and lost some posts
Reply #3 - Aug 5th, 2010 at 2:37pm
Post Tools
If your forum is quite large, it is possible when you view the /Messages folder, your not viewing all the files available.  Some Servers have a view limit, for example only 2000, depending on how you transferred these from your old forum to your new forum, you may have not got all the files.
   Ftp your site and compare the file count for both forums within the /Messages folders.

IP Logged

keithaw2k
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #2 - Aug 5th, 2010 at 7:08am
Post Tools
Thank you JonB for your answer.
Yes I have done that.
The strange thing is that the text files are just missing from the list in the moved messages from the old site.  When I FTP and look at the files in the messages folders the same files are there but there seem to be missing txt files for 2010.  So the source files in the old site seem to also have files missing and yet in reality the 2010 files show when live.
And yet if I look at the old forum - there are messages on show so the files must be somewhere. 
Hard to explain this really so I hope you understand what the issue is.
All very odd.
If anyone can throw any light on this I would be grateful
Thank you
Keith Watson

IP Logged

JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #1 - Aug 5th, 2010 at 1:54am
Post Tools
In Admin Center, Forum Settings, make sure the Start Date of the new forum is the same as the Start Date of the old forum.

Good Luck
Smiley

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
IP Logged

keithaw2k
YaBB Newcomer

Upgrading and lost some posts
Aug 4th, 2010 at 9:44pm
Post Tools
I have successfully moved the bulk of my old forum to a new site.  The old version was 2.1 which I inherited and I have setup on latest 2.5

Followed a helpful forum message for moving and all went well.  The messages, members etc lists were not in a cgi file on the old site but that didn't seem to matter - the majority got transferred ok.

The weird thing is that some messages were missing on the new site even though I had transferred all the txt, cbt and mail files that were actually in their respective folders on the old site.

So I still have the old forum available and tried rebuilding the message index but still not showing in the messages folder. 

When I look at the actual forum there are messages showing with their number which is way past the numbers in the message folder.

So the messages must be somewhere to be still visible on the old forum - but where?  Has anybody any idea what is going on.

Kind Regards

Keith Watson

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top