Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
"Instant Delete" Preregistration (Read 1,850 times)
Corey Chapman
YaBB Administrator

None
Re: "Instant Delete" Preregistration
Reply #2 - Sep 3rd, 2010 at 4:24pm
Post Tools
That doesn't explain why trying to delete it corrups the profile, but I could delete the other preregistrations.  None of them were expired.  It then as reported in the other bug, gets screwy with how it reports the email as used or not used when I try to register it again.

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Re: "Instant Delete" Preregistration
Reply #1 - Sep 3rd, 2010 at 2:51pm
Post Tools
or "Max time span for users to activate their account (in hours)" not expired ?

IP Logged

Corey Chapman
YaBB Administrator

None
"Instant Delete" Preregistration
Sep 3rd, 2010 at 4:11am
Post Tools
I registered a test account here.  I wanted to delete it because it couldn't be validated.  I clicked "Instant Delete" in the admin center, and it did nothing.  I then tried clicking "View Profile and Decide".  On that page, I clicked "Delete Account" and it too did nothing.  In fact the profile it showed was not the correct username and the rest of the data (which had to be there) was not showing.  Probably something to do with the delete not working because the other preregistrations look fine.  In fact, if I try to register again using the same email address since I technically should have that pre-reg deleted, the registration page reports that the email address is already registered.

The even stranger part is that I used both methods above to delete other preregistrations, and they worked perfectly.  It's only the one registration attempt that I did myself that I can't delete.  Maybe it has something to do with being the same IP address I'm logged in as too (although a different username and email)?
« Last Edit: Sep 3rd, 2010 at 4:19am by Corey Chapman »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top