Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Stealth Mode and Last Online Time? (Read 1,137 times)
Derek Barnstorm
Support Team
YaBB Next Team
Development Team
Beta Testers

None
Stealth Mode and Last Online Time?
Sep 4th, 2010 at 12:11am
Post Tools
I wouldn't really say that this is a bug as such (well, actually, I guess it is) , but I don't know where else to post it...

Anyway, as it is now, if an Admin or GMod is running in stealth mode they should be totally invisible to the public. But, if you view their profile you can easily see that they are online by looking at when they were 'Last Online:' - because their Last Online time will show that they are online now.

I don't really know what the best thing to do would be, if you simply hide the 'Last Online' time then it would still be obvious, so I guess it should be set to the last time they were online before they enabled Stealth Mode...

This does actually sound like quite a tricky thing to me, but I thought it was worth mentioning anyway.

I hope that makes sense to you.
« Last Edit: Sep 4th, 2010 at 12:29am by Derek Barnstorm »  

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Re: Stealth Mode and Last Online Time?
Reply #1 - Sep 7th, 2010 at 1:47am
Post Tools
Derek Barnstorm wrote on Sep 4th, 2010 at 12:11am:
running in stealth mode they should be totally invisible to the public.

mmmmm in my opinion ... using stealth, I am not really trying to hide completely .. just not wanting to be obvious.  If a member goes in a views the profile of an admin or a gmod and see they were just on (but doesn't see them listed as being on, or able to see the admin/gmod viewing the same thread as they are) then stealth is working.
  To disable the last online, would/could cause statistics problems with the info needed in the profile (and other places).  Not really needed.

IP Logged

Unilat
Development Team
Theme Team

Reply #2 - Sep 7th, 2010 at 2:22pm
Post Tools
I understand what you're saying and that does make sense. However most users would not think to look at the last time online. Even if it is the current time, the user could have logged in and just logged out. If you keep checking to see if their last online time is updating while their status is offline, then thats kind of creepy Tongue

But yes, last online should still update, it just hides the user from others seeing that they are active.

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
Support Team
YaBB Next Team
Development Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #3 - Sep 7th, 2010 at 7:59pm
Post Tools
Okay no problem, I get what you mean. I guess it's just one of those things that bugs me a little personally, but it's certainly not a big issue to me - just thought it was worth bringing up.

I was probably a bit quick to put it in the bugs section, so feel free to move it.

Thanks for the replies anyhow.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top