Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) whats happening with yabb..... (Read 4,779 times)
Corey Chapman
YaBB Administrator

None
Re: whats happening with yabb.....
Reply #15 - Sep 28th, 2010 at 12:27am
Post Tools
The version with database implemented uses the Perl DBI module.

IP Logged

Jeff Smithey
God Member

Re: whats happening with yabb.....
Reply #16 - Sep 30th, 2010 at 4:52am
Post Tools
Whoa with all the hostility at the get-go, haha. I used to use YaBB not all that long ago? Haha, I occasionally check out the forums every now and then, see if anything is happening. This is the one forum I have been on long enough to achieve that ranking to the left there.

Programming for no money or just getting work done, because you want to get it done can be a long process. Flowcharts, ideas/concepts broke down, thoughts on how to achieve them, and then putting them into motion, then fixing, then putting into motion... over and over and over again. That's a long process, haha. I am going to school right now for Software Development, just kinda to get that piece of paper and learn a few things.

I can tell you for sure that it takes me FOREVER to finish a website I am not going to get paid for and/or actually put a concept to the code process. I either figure out better ways to achieve effects easier routes to take. When it comes to the programming methods it takes a hell of a lot longer. Perl is not your Python or Java, Perl to me always looks like it can get a lot more intricate than those languages.

So, yeah I have seen since the day that I joined promises of YaBB2. I'll be the first to admit I didn't stick around for that, but I will be the first to say that YaBB is probably one of if not the oldest Bulletin Board software there is. The fact that any of these guys are still writing any of this code for this application is commendable. While so many other bulletin boards have died or had to start charging to get results out of their programmers...

Everybody loves to get free things, but will never put forth the work to make it faster. It's a simple case of put up or shut up, haha. Just saying... Give all the programmers a break ... you don't pay them. Or you could start paying them... yeah write Corey and everyone a check right now, the more zero's the more progress you get! Haha, fun game, no?

Current Stress Sources: Working on a completely new community site that I hope to go public with in a few months. So look out for that... or not. Whichever you want. Heh.&&&&
YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top