Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Browser can't connect to forum anymore (Read 1,019 times)
Captain John
Ex Member

Re: Browser can't connect to forum anymore
Reply #4 - Oct 11th, 2010 at 9:54pm
Post Tools
Seems that either YaBB.pl can not find Perl on your server or YaBB.pl has either been corrupted or the CHMOD on YaBB.pl has changed (all *.pl files must be 755 or higher).

IP Logged

JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #3 - Oct 10th, 2010 at 9:17pm
Post Tools
Well, at least you have a backup. And I think you probably have a good plan.

You can get a complete download package of 2.2.2 @

http://www.yabbforum.com/archives.php?currentpage=2

There's instructions in the Quick Guide that comes with it and in the YaBB Codex

Good Luck getting things running again. It might be a good time to upgrade when things settle down.

Wink

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
IP Logged

Marlies
YaBB Newcomer

YaBB 2.3
Reply #2 - Oct 10th, 2010 at 7:15pm
Post Tools
Hi JonB,

Thanks for your answer Smiley

The last backup of the files was made only a few days before the problem occurred, so at least we have a recent backup.

As for the version I am using, the folder on my local harddrive that contains the entire download is called "YaBB_2.2.2" so I assume the version I am using is 2.2.2  Smiley

The helpdesk of my webhost still has not replied to my email, I hope they do reply soon. If not, I think I'll install the same version of the forum on another domain with another host because I really need some of the info that's on that forum. But hopefully my webhost will resolve the issue.
« Last Edit: Oct 10th, 2010 at 7:16pm by Marlies »  

IP Logged

JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #1 - Oct 10th, 2010 at 12:58am
Post Tools
I'd say 'offhand' that most likely your host has had a server problem.

2 questions - come to mind -

A. when did you last backup your files?

B. what version of YaBB are you on?

I would suggest you contact the help desk at your webhost and see what they think is going on. (and ask if they have server backups to revert to)

Good Luck
Cool

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
IP Logged

Marlies
YaBB Newcomer

YaBB 2.3
Browser can't connect to forum anymore
Oct 9th, 2010 at 7:45pm
Post Tools
Hello  Smiley

The past 2 years I have been using a yaBB forum without problems. However, since a few days the forum is not reachable anymore: alanthorn.net/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

As far as I am aware of, nothing has changed. I woke up one the morning, and it just didn't work anymore.

I've been trying to figure out where the problem is, but with no luck. (at least not really)
If I remove this line:
Code (Perl)
Select All
	# Write to the log here so kicked guests aren't added. &WriteLog;    # Write to the log 

from yabb.pl, the browser does connect to the forum, but I get a syntax error about this line:
Code (Perl)
Select All
if ($action ne "") { 

saying:
Quote:
An Error Has Occurred! Use of uninitialized value in string ne at /home/users/web/b1496/ipw.alanthor/public_html/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl line 175.

I do not have any perl knowledge (just php and html) and I really, réally don't understand what's going on here. I tried re-uploading the yabb.pl file, but that didn't make a difference either.

Does anyone know what can be causing this problem?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top