Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic YaBB in text only mode after CPanel install (Read 2,857 times)
codva
YaBB Newcomer

YaBB in text only mode after CPanel install
Nov 10th, 2010 at 6:27pm
Post Tools
My host provides YaBB via CPanel - currently v2.3.1. Install failed - I figured out that was due to Cpanel defaulting to /yabb directory when in fact it appears as though Perl scripts must be in cgi-bin. So I worked around that and got the install done.

However, it's in a text only mode - no images and no style sheet is being applied to the fourm/ Take a look at http://va-usfa.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl if it will help.

I'm ok with starting over and installing YaBB from scratch if y'all think that is a better route. If not, what's up with the lack of style?

Thanks

IP Logged

batchman
Support Team

Re: YaBB in text only mode after CPanel install
Reply #1 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 9:31pm
Post Tools
YaBB doesn't have a text only mode. What this most likely means is that the path settings to find the image directories probably isn't right, so it isn't loading the images.

Over the years, setting the paths has gotten easier and easier, but once in a while problems still creep up. Check your paths and make sure they are right ... alternately, if desired, PM me the admin password, and I'll check on them for you. But it's most likely a paths problem at this point.

IP Logged

codva
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #2 - Nov 11th, 2010 at 12:26am
Post Tools
It seems like the CPanel install at my host is just hosed. I did a clean manual install following the Quick Guide and everything is fine now.

Thanks

IP Logged

JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Reply #3 - Nov 11th, 2010 at 5:00pm
Post Tools