Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Notifications dont' work since upgrade from 2.2.3 (Read 1,337 times)
Captain John
Ex Member

Re: Notifications dont' work since upgrade from 2.2.3
Reply #3 - Nov 29th, 2010 at 12:23am
Post Tools
The other option is to notify all your members (including the admin account) to reset any notification options enabled or desired to be received in each members profile.  Board or thread notifications also must be redone.

See YaBB Codex http://www.yabbforum.com/codex/YaBB.pl?num=1265743599
« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2010 at 12:43am by »  

IP Logged

Allison_A
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #2 - Nov 28th, 2010 at 11:05pm
Post Tools
I thought I followed the instructions to the letter.  I was very careful during the upgrade.

I did a rebuild of everything I could just a few days ago, but when I have some downtime I will try it again in that order.

But as of now, nobody has been able to get any notifications since the upgrade, and that includes the admin account.

IP Logged

Jet Li
Legacy Dev Team
Development Team

Reply #1 - Nov 28th, 2010 at 11:07am
Post Tools
Hi
you didn't follow the Upgrade Instruction in Quick Guide.

• Then go to "Admin Center" => "Maintenance Controls" and run the "Rebuild Notifications Files" first!
    Now run the other Maintenance Controls starting with "Rebuild Message Index" going through "Rebuild Members History."
  • Go to ALL tabs in the "Forum Settings" and "Advanced Settings" sections and verify all your settings. There are many new settings in version 2.5 AE, so take your time here. Click the Save button at the bottom of each page even if you do not change any settings on the page.
  • Go to "Maintenance Settings" and turn "Maintenance Mode?" off. Return to your forum. Refresh the page or clear the browser chache and start enjoying your brand new YaBB 2.5 AE Forum!
    Note:
    If you did allow users to get Email notification on new "Notifications" or new "PM" before you updated, you will have to set these settings again as new in your "Profile" => "Options" and "PM Preferences". If no other users logged in before you ran the "Rebuild Notifications Files" maintenance function, you (the Admin) will be the only one who has to reset these as new settings.

PM me for YaBB Installation Service
WWWGTalkFacebook  
IP Logged

Allison_A
YaBB Newcomer

Notifications dont' work since upgrade from 2.2.3
Nov 28th, 2010 at 5:02am
Post Tools
Hello all,

About a month ago I upgraded from 2.2.3 to 2.5AE by installing a new version and moving all the files over.  I have worked out most of the issues, but the user notifications for new posts to a thread, and for PM's, do not seem to work.

Under Forum Settings, Members, "Allow users to enable email notifications for boards/threads listed in 'My Notifications' when a new message is posted?" is set to yes and has been since the upgrade.  In User CP, Post and Board Notifications and Notify me of new Notifications by eMail? is set to Yes.

I checked permissions on the .Members folder and it appears to be correct, 755 at the tolder, 666 for the files.  I did notice new files were being created as 644 which seemed odd, but added a umask(000); statement to YaBB.pl which hopefully will fix that.  If that's the issue, then maybe it will go away eventually, but a test PM I sent afterwards did not generate an email.

Email notification for new accounts, and then the password email, as well as password reset work fine, but I haven't been able to get a single notification to go out since the upgrade.  Sendmail settings didn't change during the upgrade, but somehow the notification piece stopped working at that time.

Any help would be appreciated.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top