Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Cannot execute the Register button from any browse (Read 722 times)
Derek Barnstorm
Support Team
YaBB Next Team
Development Team
Beta Testers

None
Re: Cannot execute the Register button from any browse
Reply #3 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 5:26am
Post Tools
No worries.

Citron wrote on Dec 16th, 2010 at 4:56am:
How do I enable the passcode option for new users when registering to prevent auto-spammers. I looked all in the login options under Forum settings but, do not see it.

It's in 'Admin Center => Security Settings' and under the 'Validation Image' tab, check 'Activate validation code (CAPTCHA) on registration, forgot password, and send topic?'.

You can secure it a bit more with some of the other settings under that tab too if you want, but it should be good enough just enabling it... It's always fun to have a play about though. Smiley

IP Logged

Citron
YaBB Newcomer

None
Reply #2 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 4:56am
Post Tools
Thanks that was it. How do I enable the passcode option for new users when registering to prevent auto-spammers. I looked all in the login options under Forum settings but, do not see it.

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
Support Team
YaBB Next Team
Development Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #1 - Dec 15th, 2010 at 9:43pm
Post Tools
This might be a silly question, but if your forum is a fresh setup, is it by any chance in Maintenance Mode?

Admin Center => Maintenance Settings - Set Maintenance Mode?

Make sure that it's unchecked...

IP Logged

Citron
YaBB Newcomer

None
Cannot execute the Register button from any browse
Dec 15th, 2010 at 6:11pm
Post Tools
User wants to register. He cannot execute the Register button from any browser (Firefox/IE). I am in Forum config/forum settings/members at the login section. I had it set to open registration w/o approvals and changed it to pre-reg with email membership activation and the Register button still will not execute so, user can register.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top