Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Cannot execute the Register button from any browse (Read 747 times)
Citron
YaBB Newcomer

None
Cannot execute the Register button from any browse
Dec 15th, 2010 at 6:11pm
Post Tools
User wants to register. He cannot execute the Register button from any browser (Firefox/IE). I am in Forum config/forum settings/members at the login section. I had it set to open registration w/o approvals and changed it to pre-reg with email membership activation and the Register button still will not execute so, user can register.

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
Support Team
YaBB Next Team
Development Team
Beta Testers

None
Re: Cannot execute the Register button from any browse
Reply #1 - Dec 15th, 2010 at 9:43pm
Post Tools
This might be a silly question, but if your forum is a fresh setup, is it by any chance in Maintenance Mode?

Admin Center => Maintenance Settings - Set Maintenance Mode?

Make sure that it's unchecked...

IP Logged

Citron
YaBB Newcomer

None
Reply #2 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 4:56am
Post Tools
Thanks that was it. How do I enable the passcode option for new users when registering to prevent auto-spammers. I looked all in the login options under Forum settings but, do not see it.

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
Support Team
YaBB Next Team
Development Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #3 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 5:26am
Post Tools
No worries.

Citron wrote on Dec 16th, 2010 at 4:56am:
How do I enable the passcode option for new users when registering to prevent auto-spammers. I looked all in the login options under Forum settings but, do not see it.

It's in 'Admin Center => Security Settings' and under the 'Validation Image' tab, check 'Activate validation code (CAPTCHA) on registration, forgot password, and send topic?'.

You can secure it a bit more with some of the other settings under that tab too if you want, but it should be good enough just enabling it... It's always fun to have a play about though. Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools