Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Straaange problem... (Read 10,506 times)
Captain John
Ex Member

Re: Straaange problem...
Reply #9 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 11:42pm
Post Tools
mmmmm No screen freeze ... loads fast.  Actually see new board/description without problems

Edited:
What browser are you using ??
« Last Edit: Dec 16th, 2010 at 11:43pm by »  

IP Logged

Richard IV
YaBB Newcomer

None
Reply #8 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 11:40pm
Post Tools
Quote:
Richard IV wrote on Dec 16th, 2010 at 11:31pm:
just half of a screen, and that is the way it stays,

Half a screen ???  When posting or in Admin Center ?  NEVER heard that problem before.
 Have you deleted posts (the last post made in a board) ?  Have the Maintenance functions been run recently (top to bottom) ?

No, No, not in the admin center... so far that has not been influenced by this  Smiley

IP Logged

Richard IV
YaBB Newcomer

None
Reply #7 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 11:39pm
Post Tools
Captain John,

Have a look at what happens now, perhaps it happens on your end too (I have added a board "Justice in General" in the General cat, and the forum once again freezes before the General tree is built, to correct this, I will have to remove that board again.

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 11:37pm
Post Tools
Richard IV wrote on Dec 16th, 2010 at 11:31pm:
just half of a screen, and that is the way it stays,

Half a screen ???  When posting or in Admin Center ?  NEVER heard that problem before.
  Have you deleted posts (the last post made in a board) ?  Have the Maintenance functions been run recently (top to bottom) ?

IP Logged

Richard IV
YaBB Newcomer

None
Reply #5 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 11:31pm
Post Tools
Quote:
mmm I still only see 5 Cats, Yes General has 8, Kemet has 7.  See the Justice in Kemet Bd.
 Adding a post to Justice in Kemet causes an error ?  or any Post anywhere ? What does the error say ?  Adding another Bd in General or any Cat causes an error ?

Edited:
As for Post/Reply Counts, have your run the Maintenance functions in the Admin Center ?

Captain, I salute you! The problem is that there is no error  given, just half of a screen, and that is the way it stays, I can post in other cats/boards as you may have seen. <Grin> Although it says I am a YaBBS-Newbie, this is not my first YaBB board, so Yes I have found and used the maintenance tools in the admin center, that is why I think it is a strange problem... Cry Smiley

I haven't tried adding another board in General, will do so in a moment

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 10:59pm
Post Tools
mmm I still only see 5 Cats, Yes General has 8, Kemet has 7.  See the Justice in Kemet Bd.
 Adding a post to Justice in Kemet causes an error ?  or any Post anywhere ? What does the error say ?  Adding another Bd in General or any Cat causes an error ?

Edited:
As for Post/Reply Counts, have your run the Maintenance functions in the Admin Center ?
« Last Edit: Dec 16th, 2010 at 11:11pm by »  

IP Logged

Richard IV
YaBB Newcomer

None
Reply #3 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 10:50pm
Post Tools
Quote:
????? I see 5 Cats ... one has 7 boards, all have at least one ... so what is the problem ?  Seems your adding Cats and Boards.
 You must be careful not to name a Cat nor a Board with the same ID.  Duplicating ID's can cause bad problems.

That is interesting, because I count 6 cats, and the "General" Cat has 8 boards and the last one "Justice in Kemet" causes the problem. I have tried everything, high numbers in de IDs, low numbers in the IDs, nothing worked so far!

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 9:36pm
Post Tools
????? I see 5 Cats ... one has 7 boards, all have at least one ... so what is the problem ?  Seems your adding Cats and Boards.
  You must be careful not to name a Cat nor a Board with the same ID.  Duplicating ID's can cause bad problems.
« Last Edit: Dec 16th, 2010 at 10:23pm by »  

IP Logged

Richard IV
YaBB Newcomer

None
Reply #1 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 6:46pm
Post Tools
OKay that was one normal post, so now I should be able to posrt the link to my forum http://www.hazeleger.net/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

IP Logged

Richard IV
YaBB Newcomer

None
Straaange problem...
Dec 16th, 2010 at 6:09pm
Post Tools
Hi,
I have recently downloaded the newest release of YaBB here from the server and installed that on the server according to the Quick started manual, and from the looks of it I have done well... Until I created a new Category (But not the first new one) the moment I try to start a new topic in a board there, or create another board there, the forum won't properly anymore; any ideas? When I remove the new board, or category, everything will work again. Could someone have a look please at my site ? Uhm. The theme of the forum is Ancient Egypt, so you may see some strange names  Smiley

Darned rules here, can't even post a link to my own forum and I can't PM someone before I have at least posted 5 messages

Richard (Toth on my own forum)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top