Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Straaange problem... (Read 10,785 times)
Captain John
Ex Member


Re: Straaange problem...
Reply #30 - Dec 17th, 2010 at 1:07am
Post Tools
Richard IV wrote on Dec 17th, 2010 at 1:05am:
You may have noticed that I removed the "Justic in General" board

 Nope ... I refreshed just after your freeze in Admin Center and it was/is there, now refreshing it isn't

Spoke too soon ... "Justice in Kemet" bd. is still there after refreshing

You have PM

Edited:
Okay ..with the additional problems ... verify CHMODs.

Change Settings.pl to 2 from 0
« Last Edit: Dec 17th, 2010 at 1:38am by »  
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Richard IV
YaBB Newcomer
*
Offline



Posts: 35

None
Re: Straaange problem...
Reply #31 - Dec 17th, 2010 at 1:05pm
Post Tools
Quote:
Richard IV wrote on Dec 17th, 2010 at 1:05am:
You may have noticed that I removed the "Justic in General" board

 Nope ... I refreshed just after your freeze in Admin Center and it was/is there, now refreshing it isn't

Spoke too soon ... "Justice in Kemet" bd. is still there after refreshing

You have PM

Edited:
Okay ..with the additional problems ... verify CHMODs.

Change Settings.pl to 2 from 0


Checked CHMODS,  Settings.pl was 644 Now >>> 755,
did the change in Settings.pl (did you say it was set to 2? It was at 1 again this afternoon)  Set it to 0 (zero) Forum loading worked perfect,  Admin Center not though, loading up to the first option in the Security section, then dead again, so I set that back to 1 (one)

OK time to check if this could have been the culprit, report back later!

Richard
  
Back to top
WWW  
IP Logged
 
Richard IV
YaBB Newcomer
*
Offline



Posts: 35

None
Re: Straaange problem...
Reply #32 - Dec 17th, 2010 at 5:05pm
Post Tools
Captain John,

Added one board to the empty Cat, and...  Cry the problem is still present, will remove the board, and leave it till tonight (which probably be somewhere in your afternoon)

Richard
  
Back to top
WWW  
IP Logged
 
Captain John
Ex Member


Re: Straaange problem...
Reply #33 - Dec 17th, 2010 at 10:44pm
Post Tools
Okay ... PM me your ftp access URL, username/password, want to look at the server folders.
  
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Richard IV
YaBB Newcomer
*
Offline



Posts: 35

None
Re: Straaange problem...
Reply #34 - Dec 18th, 2010 at 12:40pm
Post Tools
Quote:
Okay ... PM me your ftp access URL, username/password, want to look at the server folders.


Done! They still look good Cheesy

Richard
  
Back to top
WWW  
IP Logged
 
Captain John
Ex Member


Re: Straaange problem...
Reply #35 - Dec 18th, 2010 at 5:21pm
Post Tools
See your PM, CHMOD problem in ./Sources folder ....  Need further Testing ..
 Can not run Maintenance functions as Admin ... (me)
Still getting Encoding error ... concerning Compression.

You should request your Host to upgrade their Perl installation ... current version on their server is Perl Version: 5.008008
  Current stable version is Perl 5.12.2
« Last Edit: Dec 18th, 2010 at 5:30pm by »  
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Richard IV
YaBB Newcomer
*
Offline



Posts: 35

None
Re: Straaange problem...
Reply #36 - Dec 18th, 2010 at 7:10pm
Post Tools
Quote:
See your PM, CHMOD problem in ./Sources folder ....  Need further Testing ..
 Can not run Maintenance functions as Admin ... (me)
Still getting Encoding error ... concerning Compression.

You should request your Host to upgrade their Perl installation ... current version on their server is Perl Version: 5.008008
 Current stable version is Perl 5.12.2


Yes, you can test the maintenance( Now Smiley ) I ran the complete maintenance and it performed well, no errors.

Does this YaBB need that Perl version? I will mail them the request ( could take a while)
  
Back to top
WWW  
IP Logged
 
Captain John
Ex Member


Re: Straaange problem...
Reply #37 - Dec 19th, 2010 at 4:16am
Post Tools
Since we keep updating YaBB, we take advantage of most of the latest features, even within Perl, we now recommend at least Perl 5.8
 For your Host to be that far behind in upgrading ................. mmm not good.
I believe the reason your screen load is hanging is due to the Content Compression error.  Your Host should be able to advice you on this.  I know from running a SYS inquiry that it does have ZLib installed, but from the older Perl and browsers are getting updated all the time.
« Last Edit: Dec 19th, 2010 at 4:18am by »  
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Richard IV
YaBB Newcomer
*
Offline



Posts: 35

None
Re: Straaange problem...
Reply #38 - Dec 19th, 2010 at 10:18pm
Post Tools
Quote:
Since we keep updating YaBB, we take advantage of most of the latest features, even within Perl, we now recommend at least Perl 5.8
 For your Host to be that far behind in upgrading ................. mmm not good.
I believe the reason your screen load is hanging is due to the Content Compression error.  Your Host should be able to advice you on this.  I know from running a SYS inquiry that it does have ZLib installed, but from the older Perl and browsers are getting updated all the time.



Hi Captain John,

Thanks for that, I can even tell you worse, this was the reply I got from their first tier support:

[quote="Hosting support"]We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. The current Perl version 5.8.8 is installed on our server. Currently, we do not have any plans to upgrade the current Perl version. However, it might be upgraded to the advanced version in near future. If Perl version: 5.12.2 is a must for you application, then it will not work on our platform. [/quote]
Then they advised me to contact their "suggestions department" Which I did, and I was not really friendly to them, believe me!! Angry

Richard
  
Back to top
WWW  
IP Logged
 
Captain John
Ex Member


Re: Straaange problem...
Reply #39 - Dec 20th, 2010 at 5:18pm
Post Tools
Perl 5.8.8 should be enough of an upgrade to work ... the min we suggest is 5.8
 Wonder why ASCheck returns 5.008 ?
 See your PM.
« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2010 at 5:19pm by »  
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Richard IV
YaBB Newcomer
*
Offline



Posts: 35

None
Re: Straaange problem...
Reply #40 - Dec 20th, 2010 at 7:30pm
Post Tools
Quote:
Perl 5.8.8 should be enough of an upgrade to work ... the min we suggest is 5.8
 Wonder why ASCheck returns 5.008 ?
 See your PM.

Did you see my earlier PM, so far no new PMs

Richard
  
Back to top
WWW  
IP Logged
 
Captain John
Ex Member


Re: Straaange problem...
Reply #41 - Dec 20th, 2010 at 8:32pm
Post Tools
Quote:
Edit Settings.pl in your ./Variables folder
Code      Select All

$enable_freespace_check = 0;                      # Set to 1 to enable the free DISK space check on every pageview

$gzcomp = 1;                                      # GZip compression: 0 = No Compression, 1 = External gzip, 2 =
                                                  #  Zlib::Compress


  Try editing Settings.pl and change gzcomp to 0 (zero), then clear your browser cache ....
  
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Richard IV
YaBB Newcomer
*
Offline



Posts: 35

None
Re: Straaange problem...
Reply #42 - Dec 21st, 2010 at 2:01pm
Post Tools
Quote:
Quote:
Edit Settings.pl in your ./Variables folder
Code       Select All

$enable_freespace_check = 0;                      # Set to 1 to enable the free DISK space check on every pageview

$gzcomp = 1;                                      # GZip compression: 0 = No Compression, 1 = External gzip, 2 =
                                                 #  Zlib::Compress


 Try editing Settings.pl and change gzcomp to 0 (zero), then clear your browser cache ....


Hello Captain John,

Done as requested and the forum seems to work, but now the Admin Center doesn't work properly (loads partially), but having Settings.pl local I can set gzcomp back to 1, then do what I have to do, set it back to 0 and upload it again, and continue in the forum...

Richard
  
Back to top
WWW  
IP Logged
 
JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team
*****
Offline



Posts: 3,907
Location: Land of the Blazing Sun!

YaBB 2.6.1
Re: Straaange problem...
Reply #43 - Dec 21st, 2010 at 5:24pm
Post Tools
Ok Richard, I tried that login - As soon as I logged in, the forum froze.

I think it has to do with being an admin, likely some code that is triggered by the tests for admin users and global moderstors.

Has any code been modified (or mods installed) on your sytems either now or in the past?

Thanks
Jon B
  

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
Back to top
IP Logged
 
Richard IV
YaBB Newcomer
*
Offline



Posts: 35

None
Re: Straaange problem...
Reply #44 - Dec 21st, 2010 at 11:40pm
Post Tools
JonB wrote on Dec 21st, 2010 at 5:24pm:
Ok Richard, I tried that login - As soon as I logged in, the forum froze.

I think it has to do with being an admin, likely some code that is triggered by the tests for admin users and global moderstors.

Has any code been modified (or mods installed) on your sytems either now or in the past?

Thanks
Jon B

Hi Jon B

Try now, you and I might have been interfering with eachother (I with uploading the modified Settins.pl; you in  trying to log on); right now it should work. But the code testing for admins and/or global mods is the default code.

Nope, no mods whatsoever, neither now or in the past.

Richard
« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2010 at 11:41pm by Richard IV »  
Back to top
WWW  
IP Logged
 
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Topic Tools
 
  « Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top