YaBB Community and Support Forum
YaBB Home About YaBB Download YaBB YaBB Support Customize Your Forum Development Contribute to the Project
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Topic Tools

Straaange problem... (Read 9,440 times)
 Dec 16th, 2010 at 6:09pm
There are no actions to perform.  

Richard IV 
YaBB Newbie

YaBB 2.5
Straaange problem...
Hi,
I have recently downloaded the newest release of YaBB here from the server and installed that on the server according to the Quick started manual, and from the looks of it I have done well... Until I created a new Category (But not the first new one) the moment I try to start a new topic in a board there, or create another board there, the forum won't properly anymore; any ideas? When I remove the new board, or category, everything will work again. Could someone have a look please at my site ? Uhm. The theme of the forum is Ancient Egypt, so you may see some strange names  Smiley

Darned rules here, can't even post a link to my own forum and I can't PM someone before I have at least posted 5 messages

Richard (Toth on my own forum)

IP Logged  
 Reply #1 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 6:46pm

Richard IV 
YaBB Newbie

YaBB 2.5
Re: Straaange problem...
OKay that was one normal post, so now I should be able to posrt the link to my forum http://www.hazeleger.net/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

IP Logged  
 Reply #2 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 9:36pm
Captain John 
Ex Member

None
????? I see 5 Cats ... one has 7 boards, all have at least one ... so what is the problem ?  Seems your adding Cats and Boards.
 You must be careful not to name a Cat nor a Board with the same ID.  Duplicating ID's can cause bad problems.
« Last Edit: Dec 16th, 2010 at 10:23pm by N/A »  

IP Logged  
 Reply #3 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 10:50pm

Richard IV 
YaBB Newbie

YaBB 2.5
Quote:
????? I see 5 Cats ... one has 7 boards, all have at least one ... so what is the problem ?  Seems your adding Cats and Boards.
 You must be careful not to name a Cat nor a Board with the same ID.  Duplicating ID's can cause bad problems.

That is interesting, because I count 6 cats, and the "General" Cat has 8 boards and the last one "Justice in Kemet" causes the problem. I have tried everything, high numbers in de IDs, low numbers in the IDs, nothing worked so far!

IP Logged  
 Reply #4 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 10:59pm
Captain John 
Ex Member

None
mmm I still only see 5 Cats, Yes General has 8, Kemet has 7.  See the Justice in Kemet Bd.
 Adding a post to Justice in Kemet causes an error ?  or any Post anywhere ? What does the error say ?  Adding another Bd in General or any Cat causes an error ?

Edited:
As for Post/Reply Counts, have your run the Maintenance functions in the Admin Center ?
« Last Edit: Dec 16th, 2010 at 11:11pm by N/A »  

IP Logged  
 Reply #5 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 11:31pm

Richard IV 
YaBB Newbie

YaBB 2.5
Quote:
mmm I still only see 5 Cats, Yes General has 8, Kemet has 7.  See the Justice in Kemet Bd.
 Adding a post to Justice in Kemet causes an error ?  or any Post anywhere ? What does the error say ?  Adding another Bd in General or any Cat causes an error ?

Edited:
As for Post/Reply Counts, have your run the Maintenance functions in the Admin Center ?

Captain, I salute you! The problem is that there is no error  given, just half of a screen, and that is the way it stays, I can post in other cats/boards as you may have seen. <Grin> Although it says I am a YaBBS-Newbie, this is not my first YaBB board, so Yes I have found and used the maintenance tools in the admin center, that is why I think it is a strange problem... Cry Smiley

I haven't tried adding another board in General, will do so in a moment

IP Logged  
 Reply #6 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 11:37pm
Captain John 
Ex Member

None
Richard IV wrote on Dec 16th, 2010 at 11:31pm:
just half of a screen, and that is the way it stays,

Half a screen ???  When posting or in Admin Center ?  NEVER heard that problem before.
 Have you deleted posts (the last post made in a board) ?  Have the Maintenance functions been run recently (top to bottom) ?

IP Logged  
 Reply #7 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 11:39pm

Richard IV 
YaBB Newbie

YaBB 2.5
Captain John,

Have a look at what happens now, perhaps it happens on your end too (I have added a board "Justice in General" in the General cat, and the forum once again freezes before the General tree is built, to correct this, I will have to remove that board again.

IP Logged  
 Reply #8 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 11:40pm

Richard IV 
YaBB Newbie

YaBB 2.5
Quote:

Half a screen ???  When posting or in Admin Center ?  NEVER heard that problem before.
 Have you deleted posts (the last post made in a board) ?  Have the Maintenance functions been run recently (top to bottom) ?

No, No, not in the admin center... so far that has not been influenced by this  Smiley

IP Logged  
 Reply #9 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 11:42pm
Captain John 
Ex Member

None
mmmmm No screen freeze ... loads fast.  Actually see new board/description without problems

Edited:
What browser are you using ??
« Last Edit: Dec 16th, 2010 at 11:43pm by N/A »  

IP Logged  
 Reply #10 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 11:49pm

Richard IV 
YaBB Newbie

YaBB 2.5
Quote:

No, I haven't deleted any post, only boards that caused this. Maintenance tools were performed as requested, backup should be running now, so I can't check anything, but my guess is that the problem is still present.

IP Logged  
 Reply #11 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 11:50pm

Richard IV 
YaBB Newbie

YaBB 2.5
I can use FireFoxy and Opera (my default browser)

IP Logged  
 Reply #12 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 11:55pm
Captain John 
Ex Member

None
mmm Both those and IE, Chrome & Safari were verified to work with Y2.5.  
  Your view, when going to your forum's url, freezes ?  Stops before fully loading ?

Richard IV wrote on Dec 16th, 2010 at 11:49pm:
backup should be running now, so I can't check anything, but my guess is that the problem is still present.

Running ?  Your forum should only take a very few seconds to Backup or to run Maintenance.
« Last Edit: Dec 16th, 2010 at 11:58pm by N/A »  

IP Logged  
 Reply #13 - Dec 17th, 2010 at 12:08am

Richard IV 
YaBB Newbie

YaBB 2.5
Quote:
mmm Both those and IE, Chrome & Safari were verified to work with Y2.5.  
  Your view, when going to your forum's url, freezes ?  Stops before fully loading ?

Richard IV wrote on Dec 16th, 2010 at 11:49pm:
backup should be running now, so I can't check anything, but my guess is that the problem is still present.

Running ?  Your forum should only take a very few seconds to Backup or to run Maintenance.

Yes, I am not alone on that server, so there may be a little delay, but everything went well, I have the backup file locally now.

Yes, if You would have the same problem as >I have, then the forum's main scree would load  - including the "General" Category bar and then everything would come to a halt.

IP Logged  
 Reply #14 - Dec 17th, 2010 at 12:08am
Captain John 
Ex Member

None
I just now got this error on your site ......
Content Encoding Error

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

Edit Settings.pl in your ./Variables folder
Code Select All
$enable_freespace_check = 0;                      # Set to 1 to enable the free DISK space check on every pageview

$gzcomp = 1;                                      # GZip compression: 0 = No Compression, 1 = External gzip, 2 =
                                                  #  Zlib::Compress
$gzforce = 0;                                     # Don't try to check whether browser supports GZip
$cachebehaviour = 0;                              # Browser Cache Control: 0 = No Cache must revalidate, 1 = Allow
                                                  #  Caching
$use_flock = 1;                                   # Set to 0 if your server doesn't support file locking, 1 for
                                                  #  Unix/Linux and WinNT and 2 for Windows 95/98/ME

$faketruncation = 0;                              # Enable this option only if YaBB fails with the error:
                                                  # "truncate() function not supported on this platform."
                                                  # 0 to disable, 1 to enable.

Try changing to 0 (zero)

IP Logged  
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Topic Tools

Get Yet another Bulletin Board at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads Support This Project BoardMod - YaBB features and templates YaBB Codex - support on installation and usage YaBB Toolbar for your browser

YaBB Facebook Group Page

Vulnerability Scanner

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl
YaBB Chat and Support Community » Powered by YaBB 3.0 Beta!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2011. All Rights Reserved.