Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Pop Up Post Page (Read 4,553 times)
Unilat
Development Team
Theme Team

Re: Pop Up Post Page
Reply #7 - Dec 23rd, 2010 at 12:48am
Post Tools
BTW, Sub boards work for me as a guest...

PS: 1000 YaBB posts  Cool

IP Logged

Unilat
Development Team
Theme Team

Reply #6 - Dec 22nd, 2010 at 10:41pm
Post Tools
Update: Mark and Quote and regular Quote are now working with the post popup. If you close the post window you can continue to mark and quote/regular quote other posts on the page and it will maintain the text you already have entered in the post window.

IP Logged

Unilat
Development Team
Theme Team

Reply #5 - Dec 22nd, 2010 at 5:20pm
Post Tools
Okay I'll try to fix that once I get the mark and quote and regular quote working with the post pop up.

IP Logged

Jet Li
Legacy Dev Team
Development Team

Reply #4 - Dec 22nd, 2010 at 10:26am
Post Tools
yeah. Need fix for Guests View.

For Members is working. Wink

PM me for YaBB Installation Service
WWWGTalkFacebook  
IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #3 - Dec 22nd, 2010 at 10:13am
Post Tools
Unilat wrote on Dec 20th, 2010 at 8:28pm:
Post Page is now a popup for the regular message index and on viewing of a certain thread.

Hi Unilat on the yabb 3 dev board the popup for the sub-bords dont show the content in it for that sub-board

but its looking good Cheesy  Wink
« Last Edit: Dec 22nd, 2010 at 10:14am by xnoddyx »  

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
Support Team
YaBB Next Team
Development Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #2 - Dec 20th, 2010 at 8:53pm
Post Tools
Very nice Unilat - just had a quick go.

IP Logged

Unilat
Development Team
Theme Team

Reply #1 - Dec 20th, 2010 at 8:28pm
Post Tools
Post Page is now a popup for the regular message index and on viewing of a certain thread.

IP Logged

Unilat
Development Team
Theme Team

Pop Up Post Page
Dec 17th, 2010 at 7:06pm
Post Tools
This is in conjunction with my drop down Message Index.

When you click to start a new topic the post page is brought conveniently into a facebook-style popup. This took some real engineering and even resizes the iframe and popup dynamically when features are expanded/collapsed. When using the live preview the popup also does not expand past the limits of window if the live preview becomes too long and instead adds a scrollbar.

This is quite handy, saving another complete page load.

If the popup is closed it maintains its contents and is cached for reopening. This way if you decide to post something but stop you can close out to look at additional message indexes and then continue editing your post. Only one post page gets loaded no matter how many times you reopen the popup.

To Do:
Right now if you start a topic in a certain board, close it, open another drop down and start a topic there it will bring up the post page for the previous board still. This isnt apparent to the user but the submit url of the post page still references that of the first board that you try to post in. This is a simple fix, just a find and replace of the board name in the form action url. Will be done soon. Then you will only need one post page no matter which board you are posting in.

I also hope to use this in place of the post page beneath every normal message index and thread display. Because 9 times out of 10 a user is only viewing a thread and will not respond. Why then do they need to load an entire post display for every page they view? It's completely unnecessary. With the post page popup, or maybe just inserting it at the bottom of the page as it is now, you will only have to load the post page when it is needed: i.e. when you want to post!

And if I'm feeling really special I might just go ahead and make the post submission on these pages AJAX and have it return a formatted post to insert (if you are on the last page of posts that is), saving yet another page load.

So much to do  Cheesy

All of this is on the dev board for those with access.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top