Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Hosting YaBB2.5 Account Executions Exeeding limits (Read 597 times)
Tysonmm
YaBB Newcomer

Hosting YaBB2.5 Account Executions Exeeding limits
Dec 20th, 2010 at 4:59am
Post Tools
I host at Siteground and they have limits for Account Executions.

Executions is the number of programs or scripts, executed for a certain period of time. No Customer is allowed to execute more than 12000 scripts or programs for any given calendar day. No Customer is allowed to execute more than 800 programs or scripts per any given hour of the day.  The hourly and daily statistics are being updated each hour.

800 max per hour
and
12,000 per 24hr.

My Yabb 2.5ae forum is hitting well above the 24 hour at over 500 per hour.

Their reccomendation is to:

* visit Awstats in your cPanel and check the IPs which have accessed your website the most; block some of them if necessary;
    * decrease the crawling speed at which search bots crawl your website;
    * enable caching on your website;
    * reduce the content shown on your pages;
    * disable/remove any website extensions/plugins you are not using;

Please note that while optimizing your website may reduce your account's CPU usage, it may not be enough to resolve the overall problem. If your website is very popular and attracts a lot of visitors, even if all of your applications/scripts are optimized, your account may still use a lot of CPU resources.

On average I only have 1-2 and sometimes 5 users online at any given time.

How can I perform some of these reccomendations that Siteground states?  Also,  what scripts could be executing that they are talking about?

Any settings in the YaBB admin screen that could reduce this?

I looked to see if I can reduce the threads per page from 15 to say 7, but couldn't locate it.

Thank you

IP Logged

The Boy

Re: Hosting YaBB2.5 Account Executions Exeeding limits
Reply #1 - Dec 20th, 2010 at 9:31am
Post Tools
To be honest, I think you need to find another host. Sorry, its not you want to hear.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top