Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Javascript:quicklinks not working (Read 5,021 times)
Tysonmm
YaBB Newcomer

Javascript:quicklinks not working
Dec 22nd, 2010 at 2:16pm
Post Tools
Yabb 2.5ae

In thread view, you can click on a username and get a small drop down with options such as view users profile etc...

I've tested here and other sites and it works fine for me, just not working on my site.

I click it and it provides no options, just sits there like nothing was clicked.  But in looking,  link provided in the bottom left corner showing the link appears to be the same as on other Yabb sites.

ANy ideas why the site wouldn't work?

I've tested it inthe latest versions of IE and Firefox.

IP Logged

Unilat
Development Team
Theme Team

Re: Javascript:quicklinks not working
Reply #1 - Dec 22nd, 2010 at 7:22pm
Post Tools
Can you provide a link to your website? It's likely that it's throwing errors that you can't see because of a missing javascript url or something.

IP Logged

Tysonmm
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #2 - Dec 22nd, 2010 at 7:47pm
Post Tools

IP Logged

Tysonmm
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #3 - Dec 22nd, 2010 at 7:53pm
Post Tools
You won't be able to view the member categories.  But it does this in guest and member categories.

One other thing I just noticed that is really strange is that you must be logged into the site for it to even provide you the link on the members name such as in this forum.  Not logged in,  the users name is not linked at all, just text.

IP Logged

Unilat
Development Team
Theme Team

Reply #4 - Dec 22nd, 2010 at 9:01pm
Post Tools
That's correct. Guests don't get to use quick links, something I built in Wink

Your YaBB.js and the javascript calls on the links are not the same version somehow. Your YaBB.js is 2.5 but the newest code has a new function for opening and closing the links so the calls aren't matching up. The links displayed are using a newer version somehow. Or this could be because the 2.5 code was not properly packaged and no one has brought this up yet.

the quickLinks function in YaBB.js should look like this:
Code (Javascript)
Select All
function quickLinks(num) {
	closeLinks(lastOpen);
	document.getElementById(num).style.display = "inline-block";
	document.getElementById(num).parentNode.style.zIndex = "1000";
	lastOpen = num;
} 

IP Logged

Tysonmm
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #5 - Dec 22nd, 2010 at 9:28pm
Post Tools
hmm... Made the change and attached the js with txt extension for review if you need.  Still not working.

YaBB_js.txt ( 12 KB | 219 Downloads )

IP Logged

Unilat
Development Team
Theme Team

Reply #6 - Dec 22nd, 2010 at 9:44pm
Post Tools
Hmm okay it seems something reverted. Try reuploading the YaBB.js from the original package and the original boardindex.

IP Logged

Unilat
Development Team
Theme Team

Reply #7 - Dec 23rd, 2010 at 12:28am
Post Tools
He's got it enabled John because the otherwise the links would redirect to the profile directly whereas right now they have the javascript link necessary to open in the dropdown but it is not working properly.

IP Logged

Tysonmm
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #8 - Dec 23rd, 2010 at 1:56pm
Post Tools
Quote:
Show "View Profile" button under each post?

I changed this setting as a work around. Now I can click the username and it takes me straight to the users profile. when previously, it wouldn't do anything.

Thank you

IP Logged

Tysonmm
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #9 - Dec 23rd, 2010 at 1:57pm
Post Tools
Quote:
Show User Tools for username links?

Sorry, quoted the wrong item and can't edit the post.  This is the one I changed.

Thank you,

IP Logged

Unilat
Development Team
Theme Team

Reply #10 - Dec 23rd, 2010 at 3:20pm
Post Tools
But you never got the quicklinks working? Try reuploading Load.pl, BoardIndex.pl, and YaBB.js from your initial install package. If it doesn't work then, we could be dealing with a possible bad package which needs to be resolved.

IP Logged

Tysonmm
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #11 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 4:47am
Post Tools
I'll give it a shot tomorrow (Pacific time)

After doing this,  I may need to put some time into fixing the 2 mods I do have working.

Just pulling my hair out still trying to figure out the screw thing with the "Installed Mods" part of the admin page and why I can't get the CustomPages resolved. So many Custom Pages built from previous build, none of them working.

IP Logged

Tysonmm
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #12 - Dec 25th, 2010 at 7:39pm
Post Tools
He is something I'm wondering.

The former web guy ftp'd across the site from another hosting place last Jan 2010.  I do not believe he ran Setup.pl during this process.  Could this be causing this issue along with custompages not working?  I also noticed the the help link at the top doesn't work.  seems to be some scripting issue or registered files maybe?

If I run Setup.pl on a site that is up and running,  will it lose everything including current mods? or is their another way to re-run any scripts that register files or install needed pieces?

IP Logged

Unilat
Development Team
Theme Team

Reply #13 - Dec 26th, 2010 at 5:54pm
Post Tools
On an upgrade you do not need to run setup.pl. So this is probably not the issue. Did the replaced files fix anything for you?

IP Logged

Tysonmm
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #14 - Dec 30th, 2010 at 4:54am
Post Tools
I uploaded the Yabb.js, Boardindex.pl and it only dropped my mods,  the links were still all messed up amongst the other issues.  I put the old files back.

My concern is that I'll make a change trying to fix it and then the site comes down and I can't get it back up.  This site has been running for over 5 years and I'd have hell to pay for bring it down and not being able to bring it back up.  There just seems to be a lot of little things that are not right with the site.  I feel that it is just limping along and ready to fail at any time and having NO coding experience just scares me.  The closest I've ever came to webdesign was Frontpage.  Embarrassed

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top