Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Yabb 2.5 AE showing up as a blank page (Read 951 times)
robertp
YaBB Newcomer

None
Yabb 2.5 AE showing up as a blank page
Dec 26th, 2010 at 5:52pm
Post Tools
I have just installed YaBB 2.5 AE and everything worked fine except for certain pages coming up blank like the Registration Agreement in the Admin control panel, so I logged out and exited then went to go back to my borad and all I get is a blank page internet explorer says Navigation Canceled, I have tried loading the board in Chrome, IE and Firefox and it comes up as a blank page.

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Re: Yabb 2.5 AE showing up as a blank page
Reply #1 - Dec 26th, 2010 at 7:09pm
Post Tools
A blank page can mean an ISE (Internal Server Error) 500.
Which can mean corrupt files, incorrect CHMODs, Incorrect Perl installation.
  Most likely is the incorrect upload transfer.  ALL folders and files under the cgi-bin/yabb2 folders MUST be uploaded using AscII Transfer mode.  Problems (corruption) happens when users use the Auto Setting in their FTP software.
   The shebang (Path to Perl) Must be set correctly before upload in YaBB, AdminIndex and CheckModules pl files.

See YaBB Codex http://www.yabbforum.com/codex/YaBB.pl?num=1190688617

IP Logged

robertp
YaBB Newcomer

None
Reply #2 - Dec 27th, 2010 at 2:45pm
Post Tools
ok I reinstalled, double checked all CHMOD settings and made sure to upload in the correct format Binary or ASCII. I found that I had the same problem so I edited the Settings.pl file and set maintenance mode to "0" and I was able to access the board again so problem 1. I can't access my board if it is in maintenance mode. ok problem 2. I can't view/delete members unless the board is in debug mode, same with viewing the Registration Agreement. I checked which version of Perl my server is running and it is 5.8.8 and yes I did check the path to perl in the .pl files and it is #!usr/bin/perl -- which is correct for my server, so my questions are why can't I access my board in maintenance mode and why can I only view members and edit the registration agreement in debug mode? any help is appreciated Thank You

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 27th, 2010 at 4:11pm
Post Tools
robertp wrote on Dec 27th, 2010 at 2:45pm:
my questions are why can't I access my board in maintenance mode and why can I only view members and edit the registration agreement in debug mode?

Good question ... since No one else has had or is having that problem with YaBB.  I personally have 3 installations of Y2.5AE ... never had nor do have that kind of problem.
  My "guess" ... a problem with install, not being done correctly.  Paths, CHMODs, Server permissions, .................

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top