Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic YaBB 2.4 Admin Center or Hosting problem issue (Read 652 times)
Jonnny

Re: YaBB 2.4 Admin Center or Hosting problem issue
Reply #2 - Dec 28th, 2010 at 1:00am
Post Tools
I will have to try that.
NS insists it is a unix server and like I was saying it did work before so I am curious if they (NetworksSolutions) changed some  of their server software or something.

this has gone on for about a month and finally one of their engineers offered this solution, which I find interesting since the previous 10 or more responses said it was "third party software"....and I would reply "it worked before". So around and around we went.

thank you very much for taking the time to respond.
I will try this later in the week when I get some time and see what happens.

thank you

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Re: YaBB 2.4 Admin Center or Hosting problem issue
Reply #1 - Dec 27th, 2010 at 11:38pm
Post Tools
Jonnny wrote on Dec 27th, 2010 at 7:26pm:
Code (Perl)
Select All
my @find ="";# qx(find . -noleaf -type f -printf "%s-"); 

What they are doing is disabling the code following the # they would have you insert.

Not being a Dev (coder) I can't tell you what that string does.

But ... seems users who are Hosted on a Windows server has had this problem before ...

See http://www.yabbforum.com/community/YaBB.pl?num=1245253277/70#70

« Last Edit: Dec 27th, 2010 at 11:52pm by »  

IP Logged

Jonnny

YaBB 2.4 Admin Center or Hosting problem issue
Dec 27th, 2010 at 7:26pm
Post Tools
I have had this forum up for about a year and a half.
My client has been having difficulty with an advertising issue, a long story, but at any rate we have not actually made it public by linking to it but it is up and has been working well. I will be going public soon.

About a month ago I realized that I could not get into the "Advance Settings". It would stall and finally come up with a internal server error.
So I contacted NS and have called many times as they say it is not there problem and I say it was working before and it was.
So their engineering department came up with a so called "patch".
I am planning to try it but I am hoping that someone here could let me know if their patch solution is a good one.
They say it requires change one line of code.
Here is the NS engineering note that was sent to me today:

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your script.  We do not provide assistance with third-party applications, but if you replace line 40 in the file cgi-bin/fishing/Admin/Settings_Advanced.pl for the following code:

my @find ="";# qx(find . -noleaf -type f -printf "%s-");

the advanced setting option will be displayed. This is just a workaround and we cannot guarantee in any way that this change won't have any impact over the behavior of your application.

any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I had thought that they had to many shared hosting packages on the server.
This line of script is only a slight variation of what is normally there and I have no idea what it means.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top