Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic YaBB 1.3 - Disallow registrations? (Read 933 times)
Carsten
Ex Member

Re: YaBB 1.3 - Disallow registrations?
Reply #3 - Jan 13th, 2011 at 2:01pm
Post Tools
Romplayer wrote on Jan 13th, 2011 at 1:41pm:
What do you refer to with the first sentece? Do you mean that YaBB 1.3 is alive or do you actually remember ME? ^^

Of course i remember you - how could i not Grin

Romplayer wrote on Jan 13th, 2011 at 1:41pm:
...but in fact you are still able to register if you know the URL (which I thought the spam bots DO know as it is always the same on YaBB boards).
No, no - the first two steps of the mod (in Register.pl) makes it impossible for other than admin to access registration.
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2011 at 2:01pm by »  

IP Logged

Romplayer

Reply #2 - Jan 13th, 2011 at 1:41pm
Post Tools
Quote:
Wouw - it's alive!! Hi Romplayer Wink

Hi Carsten!
What do you refer to with the first sentece? Do you mean that YaBB 1.3 is alive or do you actually remember ME? ^^

Thanks for the mod. I'm pretty surprised that it actually works, because you just don't find a register link any more, but in fact you are still able to register if you know the URL (which I thought the spam bots DO know as it is always the same on YaBB boards).
But yeah, it works! No new registrations for days now. Thanks a lot Carsten!

IP Logged

Carsten
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Jan 3rd, 2011 at 5:35pm
Post Tools

IP Logged

Romplayer

YaBB 1.3 - Disallow registrations?
Jan 3rd, 2011 at 4:24pm
Post Tools
Hi.
First of all: Yes, this IS a thread for an old version of YaBB, and yes, I know it. Hope somebody is able to help anyway.
Actually, my board is just online anymore because of the sweet memories in it, in fact it is dead for a few years now.
To stop spammers registering and posting on my board, I would like to disable the registration feature, but couldn't find a feature for that without putting the whole board into maintenance mode.
So, does anybody here have a hint what I can do?
Thanks.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top