Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Weird Problems, 2.3.1, 2.5 (Read 1,427 times)
Sassle Frassle
YaBB Newcomer

Weird Problems, 2.3.1, 2.5
Jan 14th, 2011 at 1:19am
Post Tools

Okay, so the other day I was deleting excess/old database from my host. It then came time to delete my PHPBB2 DB since I now use YaBB2.3.1.  I noticed it would delete the /forum directory (where I had YaBB, I didin't delete PHPBB through Fantastico like I probably should have. So I went throuh Fantastico to delete it and I renamed my YaBB to /forum2 while it deleted, and then renamed it back to /forum when I was done.
Then my troubles began. I kept getting 500 errors. I fixed them to the effect that after some rigging, I got my board to show, seems like some CSS files were missing and I can fix that by hand later, but some members were missing as well... (justr .vars that I guess I can recreate with a fake password and let them know to change it). But then I get a bunch of errors, like "An Error Has Occurred!

Error: Untrapped Error :
Undefined subroutine &main::LoadBroadcastMessages called at ./Sources/BoardIndex.pl line 774. ", and I can't view PMs or other stuff. Just for reference, Fantastico went on and installed YaBB all in /forum, so that both the cgi and public_html files are mixed together, which I found odd.

So I decided to say screw it and went on to install a fresh copy of 2.5 AE. I installed it the proper way, w/ CGI and /public_html stuff being separate. Changed all the CHMOD and all that. So now I am up to where I am supposed to convert. I went ahead and tried it, and I keep getting errors like, "The CHMOD of the ./Messages are not set correct! Can't write this directory! No such file or directory " However, everything in the Convert folder is set to 777 except variables. I also have no variables/cat.txt, so I created one and uploaded it w/ chmod 666. And I still get the error. I also tried to upload the members, boards, and messages folders from the 2.3.1 forum and it seemed like everything worked as they should, except that the boards didn't load, no posts, topics, boards, anything, and I'm not sure why.But the members did load. I could live without the posts, but I would rather not.

I didn't think about trying FixFile.pl (or whatever it's called). I also could not access the admin CPanel either after this (I tried /AdminIndex.pl as well and it just redirected me to YaBB.pl).

Any help/suggestions?
Thanks!
Joe
« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2011 at 1:21am by Sassle Frassle »  

IP Logged

Sassle Frassle
YaBB Newcomer

Re: Weird Problems, 2.3.1, 2.5
Reply #1 - Jan 14th, 2011 at 3:17am
Post Tools
Edit:
Alright, so in my 2.5, I can't log into my admin account. I recreated the .vars file, but then I can't access the admin stuff.

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Re: Weird Problems, 2.3.1, 2.5
Reply #2 - Jan 14th, 2011 at 5:48pm
Post Tools
Sassle Frassle wrote on Jan 14th, 2011 at 1:19am:
So now I am up to where I am supposed to convert.

Convert is NOT necessary for Y2.3.1 files ....

Sassle Frassle wrote on Jan 14th, 2011 at 1:19am:
I didn't think about trying FixFile.pl

Fix file is NOT necessary for Y2.3.1 files ....

Sassle Frassle wrote on Jan 14th, 2011 at 3:17am:
I can't log into my admin account. I recreated the .vars file, but then I can't access the admin stuff.

Is your menu displaying "Update Sessions" ?

See the YaBB Codex http://www.yabbforum.com/codex/YaBB.pl?num=1217258342

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools