Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic No longer able to post replies - Mac OS 9.2 - IE 5 (Read 1,341 times)
The Boy

Re: No longer able to post replies - Mac OS 9.2 - IE 5
Reply #3 - Feb 14th, 2011 at 3:46pm
Post Tools
I think a browser upgrade is what is needed to be honest. Browsers often have security flaws, that are actively exploited by hackers. You need to run an up-to-date version I'm afraid (and don't believe the myth that as a mac user, you are immune, you're not (just less targetted, thats all)).

Newer versions of YaBB will probably take advantage of new browsers, leaving older browsers unable to properly view it.

IP Logged

Hayden Rorke
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #2 - Feb 13th, 2011 at 12:20pm
Post Tools
Hi Josh,

I reckon that is to do with the CSS abilities on IE5 for Mac OS9.2.

I myself have been using Mac OS9.2 for a very long time and IE5 was the most adequate browser, however, it has stopped its support long time ago and the CSS has developed quite a lot since together with other scripting languages making some sites unreadable.

As for the solution, switch the template of the YaBB to the old YaBB 2.1 style should help.  The latest YaBB 2.5AE style  does have issues under IE5 but the old YaBB 2.1 style does still work under IE5 for Mac OS9.2.

You can change the entire template for everyone via Admin Centre or for this particular user, just make changes under 'User CP'.   Alternatively, if you are an administrator;
Edit Profile (admin) > Options > Which Template would you like to use?
will allow to change the template for this particular user.

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
Support Team
YaBB Next Team
Development Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #1 - Jan 15th, 2011 at 6:53pm
Post Tools
Hi,

What exactly do you mean by "lost the ability to post replies"? What's happening when he tries to post a reply?
« Last Edit: Jan 15th, 2011 at 6:54pm by Derek Barnstorm »  

IP Logged

schlafe
YaBB Newcomer

No longer able to post replies - Mac OS 9.2 - IE 5
Jan 15th, 2011 at 2:51am
Post Tools
One of our forum users is still running an older model Mac with OS9.2. 

Beginning sometime around the 1st of the year he has lost the ability to post replies using his Mac with both Internet Explorer 5.1 and his Mozilla browser. 

My guess is that this is caused by a software update for a browser plug-in but am not sure what it could be. 

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Josh

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top