Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Forum time does not match admin time (Read 1,418 times)
Captain John
Ex Member

Re: Forum time does not match admin time
Reply #6 - Feb 4th, 2011 at 6:23pm
Post Tools
N5HQ wrote on Feb 3rd, 2011 at 2:17am:
I edit the template click save and I get the cursor back and nothing has happened.  I downloaded the default.html file and there was no change to it.

See the Codex http://www.yabbforum.com/codex/YaBB.pl?num=1209441292

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
Support Team
YaBB Next Team
Development Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #5 - Feb 3rd, 2011 at 4:41am
Post Tools
N5HQ wrote on Feb 3rd, 2011 at 4:26am:
Is there a place where I can find out what all the template YaBB variables are?

You can find most of them here:

http://www.yabbforum.com/codex/YaBB.pl?num=1232205800

The list hasn't been completed yet though and there's been a few new ones added since that list was made, but it should give you a good idea...

IP Logged

N5HQ
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #4 - Feb 3rd, 2011 at 4:26am
Post Tools
Derek Barnstorm wrote on Feb 3rd, 2011 at 2:50am:
I'm not too sure about this I'm afraid. I can only recreate it if the template file isn't writable. Are the template files in the Templates directory writable?

The forum is on a Linux server and the file permissions are set to 644.  They should be writable.

Like I said, I don't think it is all that big of a deal since I would rather edit in my editor anyway.

Is there a place where I can find out what all the template YaBB variables are?

Bill

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
Support Team
YaBB Next Team
Development Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #3 - Feb 3rd, 2011 at 2:50am
Post Tools
Question now is: †What will be the default offset for new users?

When a new user registers the default time offset will be what you set it to in the Admin Center. Any members that are already registered though will have to change it in their profile.

On the editing the template question:

No errors. †I edit the template click save and I get the cursor back and nothing has happened.

I'm not too sure about this I'm afraid. I can only recreate it if the template file isn't writable. Are the template files in the Templates directory writable?

« Last Edit: Feb 3rd, 2011 at 2:52am by Derek Barnstorm »  

IP Logged

N5HQ
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #2 - Feb 3rd, 2011 at 2:17am
Post Tools
Derek,

Thank you so much for getting back so fast.  I just went to the admin section and set the time offset to 0, I then set the server offset to -21600 (minus 6 hours) and things seem to work fine after I then set my user options to zero offset.  I have never set the user offset so I don't know why it was off.  But that fixed the problem.

Question now is:  What will be the default offset for new users?

I forgot to mention in the first post that I'm using version 2.5 AE.

On the editing the template question:

No errors.  I edit the template click save and I get the cursor back and nothing has happened.  I downloaded the default.html file and there was no change to it.  So i edited it and uploaded it and that takes care of the editing problem.  I guess I will do it that way in the feture because then I can use my editor that I am fimular with.  I was just thinking that something must be wrong.

I'm just now starting to get into the software so I'm sure I'm doing almost everything wrong.  I'll learn as I go.  The board is live with a small but growing group so I can develope with the group.

Bill

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
Support Team
YaBB Next Team
Development Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #1 - Feb 3rd, 2011 at 1:52am
Post Tools
Hi,

N5HQ wrote on Feb 3rd, 2011 at 1:46am:
In the Admin/forum setup section there is a place to correct the time from the server time. †If I enter -6, then the time shows correct in the admin section but when I exit the admin section and load the board software the time is tomorrow morning. †I have tried correcting the server time offset and all the other settings I can think of but I cannot get the two times to agree. †There arenít enough offset hours in the admin section to allow correction great enough to have the board time correct. †I would need minus 24 hours and it only goes to -14.

You will also have to set your preferred time in your profile:

User CP => Profile => Options - Time Offset:

If you log out of your forum then you should see that the default time is what you set it to in the Admin Center.

N5HQ wrote on Feb 3rd, 2011 at 1:46am:
I'm wondering if maybe there is something else wrong because I cannot edit the template file within the admin section.

What exactly do you mean? Are you getting any errors?

IP Logged

N5HQ
YaBB Newcomer

Forum time does not match admin time
Feb 3rd, 2011 at 1:46am
Post Tools
Hello all,

I'm setting up my first YaBB site and I have a thousand questions but I will try and learn the software better before I start asking silly questions.  But I do have one that I cannot get my head around.  In the Admin/forum setup section there is a place to correct the time from the server time.  If I enter -6, then the time shows correct in the admin section but when I exit the admin section and load the board software the time is tomorrow morning.  I have tried correcting the server time offset and all the other settings I can think of but I cannot get the two times to agree.  There arenít enough offset hours in the admin section to allow correction great enough to have the board time correct.  I would need minus 24 hours and it only goes to -14.

I'm wondering if maybe there is something else wrong because I cannot edit the template file within the admin section.  I can and have edited it directly using my html editor then uploaded it and all is fine there.  It just seems that the admin section isn't quite ready for prime time.

Any suggestions would be appreciated,

Bill

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top