Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Beginner needs some BASIC set-up advice (Read 508 times)
Derek Barnstorm
Support Team
YaBB Next Team
Development Team
Beta Testers

None
Re: Beginner needs some BASIC set-up advice
Reply #1 - Feb 4th, 2011 at 4:52pm
Post Tools
Hi,

DMelanogaster wrote on Feb 4th, 2011 at 2:14pm:
(1) change the title "General Category" to something else more specific. How can I do that?

Go into the Admin Center => Forum Controls => Categories and check the box next to General Category and hit Go to edit. You can then change it in the Name input field.

DMelanogaster wrote on Feb 4th, 2011 at 2:14pm:
(2) start more headings like "General Category" (with other names, of course)

Take a look through this in the YaBB Codex, it should tell you everything you want to know about setting up boards and categories. There's a couple of video tutorials in there too:

http://www.yabbforum.com/codex/YaBB.pl?num=1198368987/3#3
« Last Edit: Feb 4th, 2011 at 4:54pm by Derek Barnstorm »  

IP Logged

DMelanogaster
YaBB Newcomer

Beginner needs some BASIC set-up advice
Feb 4th, 2011 at 2:14pm
Post Tools
Hi. I'm just setting up my board now, and I'm pretty terrible at figuring out things. I now have a General Category heading where I've put a bunch of topics. Here's what I want to do now:

(1) change the title "General Category" to something else more specific. How can I do that?
(2) start more headings like "General Category" (with other names, of course)

In other words, when a user comes to my site, I want the home page to look like This Board's home page! With a few large Categories and a bunch of Topics beneath each one. Should be simple, but I can't find the proper instructions. I am logged into my site as admin so everything SHOULD be there somewhere! any help very much appreciated!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top