Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Remove Logged In Profile Option (Read 1,049 times)
Captain John
Ex Member

Re: Remove Logged In Profile Option
Reply #3 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 9:25pm
Post Tools
jon666 wrote on Feb 6th, 2011 at 3:55pm:
do I really need to change the code in Settings_Main.pl ?

No you don't ..... as long as you never select it in the Admin.

IP Logged

jon666

Reply #2 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 3:55pm
Post Tools
Thanks for speedy reply. You are right - it doesn't appear in the user profile.

I made the changes to LoginOut.pl and that cleaned up the dropdown menu. As I'm the sole controller of my site, (no moderators), do I really need to change the code in Settings_Main.pl ? I have the default set to "When I exit the Browser" ?

Jon

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Feb 5th, 2011 at 9:35pm
Post Tools
Where do you see Login options in User Profile ?

I would not completely eliminate Login lengths, but possibly eliminate the Option of for "Keeps"

In LogInOut.pl AND Settings_Main.pl
Find:
Code (Perl)
Select All
<select name="Cookie_Length" id="Cookie_Length">
  <option value="2" ${isselected($Cookie_Length == 2)}>$admin_txt{'497d'}</option>
  <option value="1" ${isselected($Cookie_Length == 1)}>$admin_txt{'497c'}</option>
  <option value="60" ${isselected($Cookie_Length == 60)}>1 $admin_txt{'497a'}</option>
  <option value="180" ${isselected($Cookie_Length == 180)}>3 $admin_txt{'497b'}</option>
  <option value="360" ${isselected($Cookie_Length == 360)}>6 $admin_txt{'497b'}</option>
  <option value="480" ${isselected($Cookie_Length == 480)}>8 $admin_txt{'497b'}</option>
  <option value="600" ${isselected($Cookie_Length == 600)}>10 $admin_txt{'497b'}</option>
  <option value="720" ${isselected($Cookie_Length == 720)}>12 $admin_txt{'497b'}</option>
  <option value="1440" ${isselected($Cookie_Length == 1440)}>24 $admin_txt{'497b'}</option>
</select>~, 

Remove Highlighted

Above will eliminate the selection of "Keeps" in the Login window and the Admin Center.
« Last Edit: Feb 5th, 2011 at 9:37pm by »  

IP Logged

jon666

Remove Logged In Profile Option
Feb 5th, 2011 at 5:13pm
Post Tools
Is it possible to remove the "Keep me logged in for..." option in user profile and the Login window?
Mine is a closed forum but am concerned all privacy could be compromised if a user changes this from the default which is "Until I exit the Browser" and they are at a public or workplace machine.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top