YaBB Community and Support Forum
YaBB Home About YaBB Download YaBB YaBB Support Customize Your Forum Development Contribute to the Project
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

Attachment Preview in Messageindex (Read 1,451 times)
 Feb 28th, 2011 at 12:10pm
There are no actions to perform.  

Smirftsch 
YaBB Newbie

None
Attachment Preview in Messageindex
Is there a way to show a preview of the attachment (specifically attached images, other filetypes would be nice but are not required) instead of the attachment icon?
I've been working through this, but I'm a bit lost yet in the code structure of the board.

I assume a change in the MessageIndex.pl file should do most of that already.

Can anyone give me assistance (overview) with the required variables etc? Or is there a solution for this existing somewhere already?

IP Logged  
 Reply #1 - Mar 1st, 2011 at 4:24pm
There are no actions to perform.  
Captain John 
Ex Member

None
Re: Attachment Preview in Messageindex
As YaBB is written, there is No way to do this ........
 and would be difficult to do ... since every attachment would have to have a thumbnail generated and for the extensions (types) of files allowed would be a huge undertaking ......
txt doc docx psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar

Code would have to "select" which type to thumbnail, which type to use an icon. Then what size thumbnail that wouldn't cause the thread post to jump from small icon to a larger thumbnail.  Where to store thumbnails, how to tie thumbnail to attachment, how to remove ....... A lot to consider and possibly a huge coding project.

IP Logged  
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

Get Yet another Bulletin Board at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads Support This Project BoardMod - YaBB features and templates YaBB Codex - support on installation and usage YaBB Toolbar for your browser

YaBB Facebook Group Page

Vulnerability Scanner

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl
YaBB Chat and Support Community » Powered by YaBB 3.0 Beta!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2011. All Rights Reserved.