Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Log Files (Read 2,214 times)
Captain John
Ex Member

Re: Log Files
Reply #2 - Mar 6th, 2011 at 3:43am
Post Tools
milo99 wrote on Mar 5th, 2011 at 11:58pm:
I guess after 8 years I will have to find new software to use.

mmmmm We support YaBB Software .... you requested a cron to run to clear files .... maybe you should have posted on a site that supports cron scripts.
   I do not know of a log that repeatedly creates files except the registration log and that has its own cleaner "Cleanup pre-registration and account validation log" under the log display in Admin Center.
  The Error.log rewrites over itself so no cleanup.

Oh ... good luck on your new forum.
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2011 at 3:52am by »  

IP Logged

milo99
YaBB Newcomer

Re: Log Files
Reply #1 - Mar 5th, 2011 at 11:58pm
Post Tools
No responses really?? No one has problems with Yabb files overloading their server? I guess after 8 years I will have to find new software to use.

IP Logged

milo99
YaBB Newcomer

Log Files
Mar 4th, 2011 at 10:43am
Post Tools
My Yabb board is 8 years old now and I have basically been problem free that entire time so Kudos to all you hard working people that keep this thing running Smiley

I am however having a server load problem lately and my host keeps pointing the finger at Yabb Files. Now someone please correct me if I am wrong but is it not possible to clear these files with a cron command so they dont suck up all your resources? Problem I am having is that I don't remember how to do this. My host I was sure had set this up for me several years back and I have never given it another thought. Had a server problem a few days ago and now everything has gone haywire. I am currently running 2.4. So does someone know a cron command I can use to clear all these log files on a regular basis? Or just tell me how I can correct this problem.

Much Appreciated!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top