Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Windows 7, IIS 7.5, YaBB 2.5 (and 3.0 Rev 382) (Read 7,821 times)
Meta4XYZ
YaBB Newcomer

None
Re: Windows 7, IIS 7.5, YaBB 2.5 (and 3.0 Rev 382)
Reply #14 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 11:36pm
Post Tools
I've changed $enable_freespace_check to 0, but still no dice with Advanced Settings.  I get the same 502.2 error that references the missing "df" value.

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 4:29pm
Post Tools
Meta4XYZ wrote on Jul 7th, 2011 at 2:12am:
  I also have the $enable_freespace_check set to 1.  I can disable it since I'm not sure that it works anyway.  Set to 0

I set the $gzcomp value to 0 when I set up the forum because I don't have the GZip package installed and don't have much need for it.  Should I turn it on?  No

I also have $debug set to 0, but I can enable it if that would be beneficial in tracking down the problem.   Not needed for this

IP Logged

Meta4XYZ
YaBB Newcomer

None
Reply #12 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 2:12am
Post Tools
Here is what I presently have in Settings.pl under File Settings:

Code (Perl)
Select All
########## File Settings ##########

$enable_quota = 0;               # Set to 1 to enable free HOST size check with command 'quota' on
                                 #  every pageview
$hostusername = "";              # Username on the above host HDD
$findfile_time = 0;              # Used HOST size check with 'find' every ... minutes
$findfile_root = "";             # Used HOST size check with 'find' in this folder -r
$findfile_maxsize = 0;           # Maximum size in KB the above folder is allowed to store
$findfile_space = "";            # dynamically inserted available space on the user account and
                                 #  timestamp of the last check
$enable_freespace_check = 1;     # Set to 1 to enable the free DISK space check on every pageview

$gzcomp = 0;                     # GZip compression: 0 = No Compression, 1 = External gzip, 2 =
                                 #  Zlib::Compress
$gzforce = 0;                    # Don't try to check whether browser supports GZip
$cachebehaviour = 0;             # Browser Cache Control: 0 = No Cache must revalidate, 1 = Allow
                                 #  Caching
$use_flock = 1;                  # Set to 0 if your server doesn't support file locking, 1 for
                                 #  Unix/Linux and WinNT and 2 for Windows 95/98/ME

$faketruncation = 0;             # Enable this option only if YaBB fails with the error:
                                 # "truncate() function not supported on this platform."
                                 # 0 to disable, 1 to enable.

$debug = 0;                      # If set to 1 debug info is added to the template. Tag in template is
                                 #  {yabb debug} 

I noticed $hostusername is blank, but I've got $enable_quota set to 0, so it shouldn't apply, right?  I also have the $enable_freespace_check set to 1.  I can disable it since I'm not sure that it works anyway.

I set the $gzcomp value to 0 when I set up the forum because I don't have the GZip package installed and don't have much need for it.  Should I turn it on?

I also have $debug set to 0, but I can enable it if that would be beneficial in tracking down the problem.

Thanks for your time, Captain John!
« Last Edit: Jul 7th, 2011 at 2:14am by Meta4XYZ »  

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jul 3rd, 2011 at 8:39pm
Post Tools
in yabb2/Variables/Settings.pl, make sure it matches these settings:
Code (Perl)
Select All
########## File Settings ##########

$enable_quota = 0;                                # Set to 1 to enable free HOST size check with command 'quota' on
                                                  #  every pageview
$hostusername = "xxxxxxxxxx";                    # Username on the above host HDD
$findfile_time = 0;                               # Used HOST size check with 'find' every ... minutes
$findfile_root = "";                              # Used HOST size check with 'find' in this folder -r
$findfile_maxsize = 0;                            # Maximum size in KB the above folder is allowed to store
$findfile_space = "";                             # dynamically inserted available space on the user account and
                                                  #  timestamp of the last check
$enable_freespace_check = 0;                      # Set to 1 to enable the free DISK space check on every pageview

$gzcomp = 1;                                      # GZip compression: 0 = No Compression, 1 = External gzip, 2 =
                                                  #  Zlib::Compress
$gzforce = 0;                                     # Don't try to check whether browser supports GZip
$cachebehaviour = 0;                              # Browser Cache Control: 0 = No Cache must revalidate, 1 = Allow
                                                  #  Caching
$use_flock = 1;                                   # Set to 0 if your server doesn't support file locking, 1 for
                                                  #  Unix/Linux and WinNT and 2 for Windows 95/98/ME

$faketruncation = 0;                              # Enable this option only if YaBB fails with the error:
                                                  # "truncate() function not supported on this platform."
                                                  # 0 to disable, 1 to enable.

$debug = 2;                                       # If set to 1 debug info is added to the template. Tag in template is
                                                  #  {yabb debug}

Note: highlighted x out for privacy

IP Logged

Meta4XYZ
YaBB Newcomer

None
Reply #10 - Jul 3rd, 2011 at 7:59pm
Post Tools
Did anyone ever come across a fix for Problem #2?  I'm encountering the same issue.  I've redacted df, ls, and quota from Settings_Advanced.pl and can open and update Advanced Settings, but it's a bit of a hack.

IP Logged

JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #9 - Mar 28th, 2011 at 9:35pm
Post Tools
that is great news, congratulations

Wink

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
IP Logged

Talikar
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #8 - Mar 25th, 2011 at 8:08am
Post Tools
Sorry, I would have posted back a great deal sooner but I've been a bit busy.

Here's a big THANK YOU to everyone in the topic!

And, special thanks to ayjayef for noticing the "if" part. That was my bad. It seems to work fine now.  Smiley

P.S. error 2 seems to be fixed too for some reason, all in all I'd say that YaBB works very well in IIS now. Wink

IP Logged

ayjayef

Reply #7 - Mar 24th, 2011 at 11:21pm
Post Tools
mizzao wrote on Mar 24th, 2011 at 6:57pm:
I confirm error #1 on a Linux Apache install of YaBB 2.5
A lot of errors were being thrown out in the Apache logs before I fixed it.

Interesting that you had the same on a *nix platform, that might mean that 1000's of YaBB installs around the planet are filling log files on every page view.

IP Logged

mizzao
YaBB Newcomer

None
Reply #6 - Mar 24th, 2011 at 6:57pm
Post Tools
I confirm error #1 on a Linux Apache install of YaBB 2.5 (upgraded from a 6 year old 1.3.1.) You are right - don't frget the 'if'.

The email functionality wasn't working until I fixed that code, even though everything else was. A lot of errors were being thrown out in the Apache logs before I fixed it. Must have been really old perl.

Andrew
« Last Edit: Mar 24th, 2011 at 7:00pm by mizzao »  

IP Logged

ayjayef

Reply #5 - Mar 24th, 2011 at 1:00pm
Post Tools
I think I just found the fix for #1 and #3
Smiley

You had a typo in the getlog section of subs.pl edit.
(you edited out the if)

original subs.pl

Code
Select All
return if defined %yyuserlog || $iamguest || !$max_log_days_old || !&checkfor_DBorFILE("$memberdir/$username.log");

should be:

Code
Select All
	return if %yyuserlog || $iamguest || !$max_log_days_old || !-e "$memberdir/$username.log";

That fixed my #1 and #3 and I think it might just fix yours too.
Cool

IP Logged

ayjayef

Reply #4 - Mar 24th, 2011 at 12:37pm
Post Tools
Talikar wrote on Mar 9th, 2011 at 6:04am:
Problem 3

This one is an odd problem. ALL posts are marked as "new"

(sadly) the fix for your problem #3 is to undo your fix for problem #1

I just found the same #1 on my forum, did the same edit as you which then created #3 on my site too.

Now we both need your problem #1 fixed.
Smiley

JonB wrote on Mar 21st, 2011 at 3:06pm:
Don't you mean Mark all Posts as Read?

No he was right.  If you mark all the posts as read, leave, come back and they are unread again.  I drove my members and moderators nuts for a few hours tonight.  Embarrassed
« Last Edit: Mar 24th, 2011 at 12:40pm by ayjayef »  

IP Logged

JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #3 - Mar 21st, 2011 at 3:06pm
Post Tools
Quote:
"Mark ALL Posts As New"

Don't you mean Mark all Posts as Read?

On a NEW install (even when you have really just moved it), I think you may need to 'mark all as read' ALSO check your Forum Start Date - I think it has to be manually reset when you move a YaBB install.

Good Luck
Wink

IP Logged

JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #2 - Mar 21st, 2011 at 3:01pm
Post Tools
About your "second problem"

This is bercause Windows does not support the Unix/Linux style diskquota system (gee it isn't Linux, eh?).  Not your fault - it was written into the source wihtout an OS test. The section of code that supportd that should be commented out.

Now if we didn't prune the support dtabase every 6 months or so, I would be able to go back to the last time I explaned and worked with 'Lou' to fix the problem. It doesn't happen on EVERY IIS installation, only on some, and no one knows why - we did a source comparator of two YaBB 2.4 installs; one on my 'own' IIS 6 server (no problems) and his IIS 6 server (had the problem). I suspect it has to do with the Active States Perl and how its linked to IIS (there's more than one way to use Perl with IIS).  It could also be a function of the 'fast processor' issue that is noted in the Codex - suffice to say - we don't flppin' know.

I'll check the source later (if someone does not beat me to it) and tell you what I think needs to be commented out.

Are you on your 'own' IIS server, a VPS, or a shared Web Hosting space???

Edited:
OK - a question - in Forum Configuration > Advanced > Advanced are the options for "Free Disk Space Checking" ALL TURNED OFF??? They ONLY work on Linux/Unix boxes...

That last may clear your error - if not, then we are on to the 'code fix'.

Good Luck

Wink
« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2011 at 5:15pm by JonB »  

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Mar 9th, 2011 at 5:57pm
Post Tools

IP Logged

Talikar
YaBB Newcomer

Windows 7, IIS 7.5, YaBB 2.5 (and 3.0 Rev 382)
Mar 9th, 2011 at 6:04am
Post Tools
First I'd like to say "Amazing! It actually works on IIS 7.5!"  Grin

It does have quite a few problems though, which are most likely the fault of IIS 7.5, especially since these problems didn't seem to exist when I was using Apache.

Also, I was debating on just switching back to Apache, but I've gone this far with IIS 7.5, so I might as well try to go the rest of the way with it.

Problem 1 (Solved?)
Error:
Quote:
HTTP Error 502.2 - Bad Gateway

The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are "defined(%hash) is deprecated at ./Sources/Subs.pl line 906. (Maybe you should just omit the defined()?) defined(%hash) is deprecated at ./Sources/Subs.pl line 926. (Maybe you should just omit the defined()?) HTTP/1.0 200 OK Cache-Control: no-cache, must-revalidate Pragma: no-cache Content-Encoding: gzip Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 ".

This one was relatively easy for me to fix, I just followed what it said; I opened Sources/Subs.pl, and went to line 906. Then I replaced:
Code
Select All
	return if defined %yyuserlog || $iamguest || !$max_log_days_old || !&checkfor_DBorFILE("$memberdir/$username.log"); 

with:
Code
Select All
	return %yyuserlog || $iamguest || !$max_log_days_old || !&checkfor_DBorFILE("$memberdir/$username.log"); 

Then on line 926, I replaced:
Code
Select All
	if (defined %yyuserlog) { 

with:
Code
Select All
	if (%yyuserlog) { 

Saved the file, and this problem seemed to be fixed. Is there a better way to do this? Smiley

Note: Doing this also seems to make Setup.pl work, as it too had problems, unless I'm mistaken.

Problem 2
This one I'm not sure how to fix, every section of the forum seems to work fine, including most of the Admin Center. The only part that doesn't seem to open is the "Advanced Settings" page in the Admin Center, it gives this error:
Quote:
HTTP Error 502.2 - Bad Gateway

The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are "'df' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. 'ls' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. 'quota' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. HTTP/1.0 200 OK Cache-Control: no-cache, must-revalidate Pragma: no-cache Content-Encoding: gzip Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 ".

Removing all instances of 'df', 'ls', and 'quota' from Admin/Settings_Advanced.pl seems to make the page work (mostly), but I'd consider doing this as more of a work around than an actual fix. Any help here would be much appreciated.  Wink

Problem 3
This one is an odd problem. ALL posts are marked as "new". I've tried to run through the maintenance features, etc, and yes, I've tried clicking on "Mark ALL Posts As New", which does look like it's working. The pop up appears, completes, and the page looks right (no new posts), but as soon as I refresh the page or go to another one, every post is back to being "new".

Please tell me this one is fixable. Undecided

P.S. I'd give my Forum URL, but it's just on my home network, and I haven't set it up to allow outside connections (just LAN connections).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top