Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) YaBB 2.1 Admin & PM (Read 6,931 times)
Captain John
Ex Member

Re: YaBB 2.1 Admin & PM
Reply #12 - Mar 31st, 2011 at 11:34pm
Post Tools
Welcome ....

IP Logged

Elrick.
YaBB Moderators
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #11 - Mar 31st, 2011 at 11:32pm
Post Tools
Thank you Captain John, that solves the dilema!

Elrick

~ Elrick ~
There is no direct experience of reality without interpretation; and all interpretation is corrupted by the cultural and personal prejudices or prejudgments of the interpreter.

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Mar 31st, 2011 at 4:42pm
Post Tools
Elrick. wrote on Mar 31st, 2011 at 5:14am:
But if one wishes to ban emails ending in .de (dot de) how this affects existing members with de on their emails?.

Quote:
Entering \.de would block the domain only.
See YaBB Codex http://www.yabbforum.com/codex/YaBB.pl?num=1190690095

IP Logged

Elrick.
YaBB Moderators
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #9 - Mar 31st, 2011 at 5:14am
Post Tools
Hi Captain John,

After posting my request for assistance I could not find my post. It was "vamused" and my post count still showed 2 when I had posted 4 post so far. Anyway, thank you for moving the post to the correct board (all these boards are very confusing.....).

And thank you for your reply to my questions.

Finally found why the member was being banned. It turns out that when I upgraded to 2.5 the banned lists were also moved to the new version, and sems security is far more tight than 2.1. On the list of banned email addresses there was a banned note for  "de" and ".de" and the user in question had the letters "de" in her email username.

Deleted those two entries and no more ban for the user.

But if one wishes to ban emails ending in .de (dot de) how this affects existing members with de on their emails?.

Thank you for all your help and sorry about the repeated posts.

Elrick

~ Elrick ~
There is no direct experience of reality without interpretation; and all interpretation is corrupted by the cultural and personal prejudices or prejudgments of the interpreter.

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Mar 30th, 2011 at 7:41pm
Post Tools
Elrick. wrote on Mar 30th, 2011 at 7:34pm:

Entering \.de would block the domain only.
See YaBB Codex http://www.yabbforum.com/codex/YaBB.pl?num=1190690095

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Mar 28th, 2011 at 4:22pm
Post Tools
The last 1 Posts were moved here from Upgrading Existing YaBB Installations [move by] Captain John.
  Why the double post ?  See above answer.
« Last Edit: Mar 28th, 2011 at 4:23pm by »  

IP Logged

Elrick.
YaBB Moderators
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.6.0
Upgrade to 2.5 Member banned
Reply #6 - Mar 28th, 2011 at 3:23pm
Post Tools
Hi Captain John,

Thanks for your advise on my previous enquiry. Upgrade went fine from 2.1 to 2.5 but a member can not log in.
Member profile still on the members list. IP is not banned on the list, email no banned, username no banned. Changed password and tried to log from my own IP but got same results, "sorry, your banned from using this forum". This happened after upgrading to 2.5. Any ideas. Many thanks - Elrick

~ Elrick ~

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Mar 28th, 2011 at 2:36pm
Post Tools
Elrick. wrote on Mar 28th, 2011 at 2:07pm:
"you are banned from this forum".

Did you enable Banned IPs to be written to htaccess file ?  Open and edit if IP is there.

tried login in from my own IP with the same results.

Then don't see why or how IP would be the only thing blocked.

IP is not on banned list, username is not on banned list, email is not banned either.

Viewing files or from within User's Profile ?
« Last Edit: Mar 28th, 2011 at 2:41pm by »  

IP Logged

Elrick.
YaBB Moderators
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #4 - Mar 28th, 2011 at 2:07pm
Post Tools
Thank you Captain John. Upgraded to 2.5 and all works fine, so far... but one member with static IP canot log in, gets "you are banned from this forum".

IP is not on banned list, username is not on banned list, email is not banned either.

Changed password for member and tried login in from my own IP with the same results. Any ideas?. This just happened after software upgrade. I am at a loss.. Sad

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

~ Elrick ~

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 21st, 2011 at 2:41pm
Post Tools
Welcome ......

IP Logged

Elrick.
YaBB Moderators
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #2 - Mar 20th, 2011 at 10:22am
Post Tools
Thank you ever so much Captain John. Followed your link suggestion and contacted webhost. They were exceedingly helpful and apparently sorted the problem. PMs are working now!! WOOHOO Shocked

Problem was the following string used by yabb: action[...];id which is also used in hacking attempts.

Hope other members here can benefit from this advice!

Many, Many thanks

~ Elrick ~

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Mar 17th, 2011 at 2:56pm
Post Tools
Sure it is possible to upgrade from Y2.1 to Y2.5, just follow directions in the Quick-Guide included with the Installation download package.

Elrick. wrote on Mar 17th, 2011 at 2:15pm:
Quote:
Method Not Implemented

GET to /cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl not supported.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

This post on the YaBB Codex might help: http://www.yabbforum.com/codex/YaBB.pl?num=1254321425

IP Logged

Elrick.
YaBB Moderators
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.6.0
YaBB 2.1 Admin & PM
Mar 17th, 2011 at 2:15pm
Post Tools
Hi,

I have inherited a forum running on Yabb 2.1 and I am a newby to Yabb and have a couple of questions I need help with.

1.      Is it possible to upgrade to Yabb 2.5 without data loss or clean install or is it necessary first to upgrade to 2.3 then to 2.5  ??

2.      The PM (Private Message) facility is not fully operational. Eg: users on Windows can only see the first 30 or 40 characters of the first line of the PM and users on MAC  get this error message:

Quote:
Method Not Implemented

GET to /cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl not supported.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I would greatly appreciate any help with these issues and, is it possible to allocate admin privileges to a user So that there are two admin?

Very many thanks in advance for your patience.

~ Elrick ~

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top