Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Forum problems (Read 1,479 times)
N5HQ
YaBB Newcomer

Re: Forum problems
Reply #6 - Mar 22nd, 2011 at 6:00pm
Post Tools
Done.  Thanks John.

Bill

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Mar 21st, 2011 at 2:12pm
Post Tools
N5HQ wrote on Mar 20th, 2011 at 1:45am:
When I logged into this forum I tried 1 and 3 hours and neither would work.  I keep getting the Welcome Guest message until I try a different time.

Verified (on your forum) inability to login for 1, 3 or 6 hours.  Any longer works.  Logging in on our Community Forum (which is actually Y3 Beta, not Y2.5) or any of my test or personal Y2.5 forums logging in for 1, 3 or 6 works.  So .... must be due to your Template or your Setup ... but got No idea why.

N5HQ wrote on Mar 20th, 2011 at 1:45am:
if I select the forgot password then respond to the email I get the forbidden area message and then when I go backI my password will not work.

Also verified ... attempting using link twice, states ID is incorrect and attempting to Login with original username/password no longer works (which is actually the way it should work).
   again ... not verifiable with any of my Y2.5 forums.

PM me your admin/password for your forum, so I can check/verify your settings.
« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2011 at 2:36pm by »  

IP Logged

N5HQ
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #4 - Mar 20th, 2011 at 1:45am
Post Tools
Quote:
 I logged off .... Logged in for 1 hours to answer this ... seems to work without problems .... I have 3 Y2.5 forums and they all work whether your logged in for 1,3 or Keeps.

Well now this is strange.  I can duplicate the problem on my forum from two different computers from two different locations.  It was brought to my attention because others were having the problem.  I always log in for keeps so I would have never seen this.

When I logged into this forum I tried 1 and 3 hours and neither would work.  I keep getting the Welcome Guest message until I try a different time.

What can I do to help demonstrate this repeatable issue?

Quote:
  Have not found any past fix or bug posted.  It should work ... Some email clients "break" an url sent in emails.   Test Password reminder, by highlighting link and coping, then pasting link into the browser link window.  This has been verified to work in those cases.

That was the first thing I tried.  It just seems that things are working differently here.  I have a second account on my forum so that I can see what everyone else sees.  Using that account if I select the forgot password then respond to the email I get the forbidden area message and then when I go backI my password will not work.  At that time I have no idea what the password is so I cannot log in until I go back as admin and reset it.  Then it works fine.

Here is a link to the forum if you would like to see if you get the same results.

http://www.cedarrapidsareams.org/

Just click on the Message Center button to enter.  It is a new forum so there isn't a lot of activity yet but it is growing.

Thanks for the help,

Bill

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 19th, 2011 at 11:28pm
Post Tools
N5HQ wrote on Mar 19th, 2011 at 6:48pm:
The log in problem is the same as on this board.  If you try and log in for 1 or 3 hours it will not let you log in.

I logged off .... Logged in for 1 hours to answer this ... seems to work without problems .... I have 3 Y2.5 forums and they all work whether your logged in for 1,3 or Keeps.

N5HQ wrote on Mar 19th, 2011 at 6:48pm:
The Forgot Password issue is that the board sends an email link but when they click on the link they are sent to the board to a you are not allowed message

Have not found any past fix or bug posted.  It should work ... Some email clients "break" an url sent in emails.   Test Password reminder, by highlighting link and coping, then pasting link into the browser link window.  This has been verified to work in those cases.
« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2011 at 12:02am by »  

IP Logged

N5HQ
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #2 - Mar 19th, 2011 at 6:48pm
Post Tools
Quote:
  To answer the other questions, what version of YaBB are you using ?  What type of server are you on Windows or Linux/Unix ?

Sorry about that.  I forget that I'm not on my board.  I'm using YaBB 2.5 AE installed on a Linux server.  

The log in problem is the same as on this board.  If you try and log in for 1 or 3 hours it will not let you log in.  Any other time is fine.

The Forgot Password issue is that the board sends an email link but when they click on the link they are sent to the board to a you are not allowed message and the password is changed to something unknown.

Thanks for the help,

Bill

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Mar 19th, 2011 at 5:21pm
Post Tools
N5HQ wrote on Mar 19th, 2011 at 5:23am:
Is there a way to send an email to a user?  If someone goes away and doesn't log in for a long time the moderator wants to be able to send them an email to see how they are doing.

In Admin Center - Email Members or in users Profile (If not hidden).  A Moderator does not have access unless member does not hide email addy.

To answer the other questions, what version of YaBB are you using ?  What type of server are you on Windows or Linux/Unix ?
« Last Edit: Mar 19th, 2011 at 5:24pm by »  

IP Logged

N5HQ
YaBB Newcomer

Forum problems
Mar 19th, 2011 at 5:23am
Post Tools
John,

Interesting. I understand the server problems.  No matter how hard you try sometimes it is just beyond your control.

I'm having some problems with my board,.  I wonder if you can help?

1) Whenever someone tries to log in and they select 1 or 3 hours the board will not log them in.  I thought maybe it was a setting but then I tested it on this board and I got the same results so I guess I need to report a bug in the program. Sad

2) Whenever anyone forgets their password and tries to reset it the board will send them an email with a link to reset their password.  Problem is that when they click on the link they are taken to the board and receive the message "You are not allowed to access this section."  The board then changes their password to something unknown.  I must then log in as administrator and manually correct their password.

3) Is there a way to send an email to a user?  If someone goes away and doesn't log in for a long time the moderator wants to be able to send them an email to see how they are doing.  My board is a MS group so there is a desire to keep in touch.  If they aren't logging in then a PM will not work.

I have been trying hard not to be a pest but these I just cannot figure out what to do.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bill - N5HQ

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top