Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic 2.5 Clean -- Import 2.4 data from another server (Read 3,143 times)
j razz
YaBB Newcomer

2.5 Clean -- Import 2.4 data from another server
Mar 24th, 2011 at 7:33pm
Post Tools
I've installed 2.5 and brought in my boards, messages, members, etc. 

However, I don't know how to get my additional profile fields and groups to show up.  I added fields such as address, phone number, etc. and I changed the default groups to other names.

At the bottom of the Admin Center in 2.5 AE it has a box for "Convert Old Extended Profile Fields" with directories of ./Convert/Members and ./Convert/Variables.  Should I make the Convert directory and place my two folders in there and click "Convert Now"?  Will that do the trick?  If so, what folder do I need to add the "Convert" folder to?

As an aside, on 2.5AE it says in that same "Convert Old Extended Profile Fields": "Here you can convert your old Extended Profiles into YaBB 2.4."  Should that say YaBB 2.5 AE?

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Re: 2.5 Clean -- Import 2.4 data from another server
Reply #1 - Mar 24th, 2011 at 11:07pm
Post Tools
The Covert folder should already be in your folder structure: yabb2/Covert with the additional folders under that.

j razz wrote on Mar 24th, 2011 at 7:33pm:
Should that say YaBB 2.5 AE?

Yes ....  But if your upgrading from Y2.4 they already should be compliant for Y2.5

Did you also transfer your yabb2/Variables folder files as directed in the Upgrade instructions ?
« Last Edit: Mar 24th, 2011 at 11:11pm by »  

IP Logged

j razz
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #2 - Mar 24th, 2011 at 11:34pm
Post Tools
I did transfer them per the guide.  However, I don't have the these two files: advsettings and secsettings.

I double checked on the old forum (2.4) as I still have it up on the other server, and they are not present there either but all things are functional there.

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 25th, 2011 at 3:58pm
Post Tools
Quote:
Did you also transfer your yabb2/Variables folder files as directed in the Upgrade instructions ?

ALL the files(?) ... Except ...

Edit Settings.pl and look for:
######## MemberGroups ########

IP Logged

j razz
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #4 - Mar 25th, 2011 at 6:03pm
Post Tools
I opened my upgrade_Settings.pl file and under member groups I see the member groups that are on my old forum (what I want).  However, when I go to admin center in 2.5AE I see the standard default groups. 

Do I need to do something to reattach those categories to "Member Groups" under Admin Center?  If so, would you mind telling me what it is?  Thanks again for your help on this.

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Mar 25th, 2011 at 9:27pm
Post Tools
j razz wrote on Mar 25th, 2011 at 6:03pm:
I opened my upgrade_Settings.pl file

After you copied the files from the Variables folder, with your New forumm in Maintenance Mode, you then run the Maintenance Functions from top to bottom ?

IP Logged

j razz
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #6 - Mar 25th, 2011 at 11:04pm
Post Tools
Yes... all the way to Clean Users Online Log.

Thanks for your help.  As I stated in the other post that I made (not intending to double post), I went ahead and recreated the categories. 

Back to the topic of the original poster (and my main reason for posting in this thread) the 403 issue was resolved by having the host (westhost.com) change permission files.  They did this on the advanced settings and that worked, then I had to file another ticket to get the template section to work and now when a user goes into user CP/Profile and clicks Save Changes on the Contact Information page, I get the same error.  Again, this is a host issue.  The administrator of the server who was working on my ticket recommended that I move away from YaBB and to something that doesn't use Perl. 

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Mar 26th, 2011 at 3:28pm
Post Tools
j razz wrote on Mar 25th, 2011 at 11:04pm:
that doesn't use Perl. 

lol so much for Host Support.

IP Logged

j razz
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #8 - Mar 26th, 2011 at 3:38pm
Post Tools
I found out what the problem was.  I uploaded the files from my other folder and set a path to it directly in Filezilla.  I then went and set up another account (because I couldn't access that one- I had to use the ip address as we removed the DNS settings) and apparently set another path entry point as I had two directories but only could see one (due to how I set up the paths in Filezilla).  It was changing the files in one directory while it was pulling from another directory.  Once I figured this out, things became a whole lot easier Smiley

Thanks again for the help.

One last question: Do you know how to allow Members to change their member groups and make it something that has to be picked?  Thanks.

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Mar 26th, 2011 at 4:03pm
Post Tools
In Admin Center >Forum Settings - Members tab
Quote:
Allow users to choose additional Member Groups in Profile Options and/or Registration page

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top