Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Moving Yabb to a new server causes errors (Read 6,611 times)
jem

Re: Moving Yabb to a new server causes errors
Reply #6 - Apr 20th, 2011 at 8:25am
Post Tools
The board's been closed for some time now because of lack of space in my old host but i want to re-open it now for members to be allowed to post again.

Right now i've got the site up in the new hosting as a preview version to be able to test it and make sure it works ok before propagating the dns. If you say that this might be the cause of the error, i'm going to change the dns settings (and the paths, of course) to check the site live and see if it works that way.

I'll keep you posted. Thanks!

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Apr 19th, 2011 at 4:58pm
Post Tools
mmmmm looks all right ... nothing stands out as being incorrect.
  Really like your template.  Noticed you seem to have quite a few members and as you stated over 51 thousand posts ... but the last post is March 27,2010 ???
  and you do not have your DNS setup as of yet ?  You realize that once that is done, your Path settings will then be incorrect ?  Notice that when you access your site as of now, you get the popup window stating this is a "Preview", that might be the reason for your problems (a guess, since I am not a server guru).

IP Logged

jem

Reply #4 - Apr 18th, 2011 at 10:16pm
Post Tools
Ok, here they go. Thank you

removed attachment
« Last Edit: Apr 19th, 2011 at 4:44pm by »  

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Apr 18th, 2011 at 5:13pm
Post Tools
jem wrote on Apr 18th, 2011 at 1:01pm:
a fresh install but the setup file didn't work properly (once i set up the paths all i could see was strange symbols), so i uploaded the data from my old forum, folloing the instructions.

mmm Setup didn't work, so you uploaded your data files anyway ??

Would like to see your Paths and Settings pl files.  Attach to your reply.

IP Logged

jem

Reply #2 - Apr 18th, 2011 at 1:01pm
Post Tools
Hello, thank you for your reply. I've been struggling with this for some time now and i'm beginning to feel desperate.

Path settings are ok: there's about 50000 messages in my forum, and half of them can be read ok.

I've been very careful to upload everything under yabb2 in Ascii. Actually i've done it a few times already with different ftp clients, just in case.

I've made a fresh install but the setup file didn't work properly (once i set up the paths all i could see was strange symbols), so i uploaded the data from my old forum, folloing the instructions.  

The start date of the forum is correct.

Those 3 files in the members folder you mention are there.

I've no idea what to try next  Undecided

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Apr 15th, 2011 at 3:58pm
Post Tools
mmmm Are you sure the Path Settings are correct for the new server ?  Using an Absolute path for DIRs and a complete URL where required ?
  Uploading the forum, using the correct transfer mode ?  ALL files and folders under yabb2 folder as AscII.
  Did you do a New Install then upload the old forum data files or upload the entire old forum ?
    Did you correct the Start/Date the forum was installed to the old date ?
  3 files in the yabb2/Members folder contain the members info, list and count & newest.
  Codex - http://www.yabbforum.com/codex/YaBB.pl?num=1224094402
« Last Edit: Apr 15th, 2011 at 4:00pm by »  

IP Logged

jem

Moving Yabb to a new server causes errors
Apr 15th, 2011 at 9:31am
Post Tools
Hi, i've just moved Yabb (2.5 to 2.5) to a new server  (linux) following the instructions i found here:

http://www.yabbforum.com/codex/YaBB.pl?num=1190674425

Everything works ok except when i recounted the messages list half of the posts dissapeared. The same happened to the users list.

I uploaded again the users folder: the lost users appeared again, though i didn't recount this time, since it makes them dissapear again. I uploaded the messages folder. Seeing as uploading the messages folder caused no effect whatsoever, i realised that uploading the boards folder the missing messages appeared again. The problem this time is that whenever i try to open one of those it says:

"The information you are trying to access is not available to you /home/etc/*.txt"

And if i recount the messages list they dissapear again.

Chmod is 777 just in case.

Help please. Thanks!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top