Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Moving to GoDaddy (Read 1,303 times)
Elfen

Re: Moving to GoDaddy
Reply #2 - Jul 4th, 2011 at 3:18am
Post Tools
rfscholl wrote on Apr 19th, 2011 at 6:27pm:
When I go to the forum, the page loads.  When I try to click on any of teh categories I get a message like this:
Error: Unable to open ./Messages/1254162613.txt
Verbose: ...

In my opinion, never use the ./ for anything. Find out where those directories are at and put in the information. It will save 1000 headaches.

IP Logged

JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Re: Moving to GoDaddy
Reply #1 - Apr 20th, 2011 at 1:09pm
Post Tools
Quote:
They limit you to 10,000 files in a folder

????

Is that the TRANSFER limit in their Control Panel or the maximum files allowed in a folder under their service terms?

IF it is a permanent maximum files count by folder imposed on the type of plan you are on, you will need a different plan or a different host.

If it is a limitation of the number of files you can transfer using their control panel, then you would need to use FTP transfer instead of using their control panel.

Good Luck
Smiley

ysf

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
IP Logged

rfscholl
YaBB Newcomer

Moving to GoDaddy
Apr 19th, 2011 at 6:27pm
Post Tools
I moved YaBB from out old host to GoDaddy.  I did follow the instructions to change some of the paths since they use cgi and not cgi-bin.  I also went through and set all the CHMODs again.

When I go to the forum, the page loads.  When I try to click on any of teh categories I get a message like this:
Error: Unable to open ./Messages/1254162613.txt
Verbose:

I did notice that not all of my files from the old host uploaded to the /messages folder on the new host.  They limit you to 10,000 files in a folder.  I assume that is the problem.  Is there any work-around or any way to get rid of old posts?

Thanks.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top