Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Can't Get Passed the Login Screen (Read 2,021 times)
Captain John
Ex Member

Re: Can't Get Passed the Login Screen
Reply #4 - Jun 14th, 2011 at 6:40pm
Post Tools

IP Logged

JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #3 - Jun 5th, 2011 at 1:08am
Post Tools
Send me a PM with the forums URL, the current admin PW and the FTP info and PW. I will look at it tomorrow sometime, God willing. I ma working on less than 6 hours sleep in 3 days. I expect to recuperate tonight.

It might be the simplest of things. Wink

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
IP Logged

steveL
YaBB Newcomer

None
Reply #2 - Jun 3rd, 2011 at 10:19pm
Post Tools
Oh Dear, I think I'm losing the will to live here.

I gave up on the above install, cleared YABB off the forum and started again. Uploaded to YABB2 files of 2.5 to my domain's CGI-BIN and the YABFILES to the PUBLIC_HTML folder.

I used Captain John's method for modifying the CHMODS (highly recommended, by the way) and ran Setup.pl (careful with that capital 'S').

This time I managed to log in as admin/admin and sailed through the initial configuration screens which I left untouched before saving them. Clicked on the 'continue' button and hey presto, this time got through to the forum - but with a 'This Forum is in Maintenance Mode' message.

Clicked on the admin tab to start setting up the forum, changed the admin e-mail address (the only change made) and saved the settings.

Guess what? Even though I was identified as the YABB Administrator in the top left of the screen, the rest of the screen was taken up with the login screen.

I re-entered admin/admin - back to the login screen - even though the top left continued to greet me with Hello YABB Administrator.

That's it really. Permently stuck on the log in screen in a perpetual loop. Dunno where I go from here.  Embarrassed

IP Logged

steveL
YaBB Newcomer

None
Reply #1 - Jun 3rd, 2011 at 8:00am
Post Tools
Just a little more info:

I cleared the cookies on my PC and reloaded the forum appearing as a 'Guest'. I then logged in using admin/admin and the screen looped back to the same empty login screen. However, in the top left corner I could see I was logged in as YB Administrator.

So the problem seems not to be that not that I can't log in but that having logged in I can't progress to the main forum page. Having said that, I still don't see the ADMIN tab even though I appear to be logged in.

IP Logged

steveL
YaBB Newcomer

None
Can't Get Passed the Login Screen
Jun 3rd, 2011 at 1:25am
Post Tools
I've just uploaded 2.5 to my server in a clean install, updated thew CHMODSt and run the Setup.pl file. Everything seemed to work OK as I made my way through the initial set up screens eventually reaching the point were I saved the settings and it said I would be taken to the main forum.

The top right of the screen tells me that I am logged in as YBB Administrator but what I have is the log on screen and a message telling me that the forum is in maintenance mode and to try again later.

Entering the admin/admin login just produces a loop back to the same screen. I've tried clicking on the update session screen but I'm still stuck in the same loop.

Anyone any ideas?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top