Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic 2.1 upgrade to 2.4 css migration guide (Read 1,706 times)
JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Re: 2.1 upgrade to 2.4 css migration guide
Reply #3 - Jun 5th, 2011 at 1:55am
Post Tools
OK - I can basically answer that.

The guts (and menus) of Yabb are totally different now. The version 2.1 'template' that is included with 2.4 doesn't have all the functionality of the YaBB menu system (moving, adding,adding tabs etc.)  The new YaBB has different Section names, and totally new 'parts' etc. plus mucho AJAX.

Net result - the bad news part - you really can't use the old CSS, except as a Guide.  I suspect you already knew that. The two versions don't look at all alike, so how would they have the same CSS elements???

ON the flip side - 2.4 contains a very powerful (reasonably) visual CSS/Theme editor. (good news).  You can 'fix' almost anything, and preview it.  There are only a few elements that require manual editing.

Also, You 'might' find a Theme over on BoardMod for 2.4 that already is close to what you would like...

More good news, most of us here have used the theme editor, so you can get help.

Good Luck

Smiley

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
IP Logged

P2D
YaBB Newcomer

YaBB 2.4
Reply #2 - Jun 5th, 2011 at 12:53am
Post Tools
Thanks Jon,  Smiley   Cool

Basically I need to know what the differences are between the templates and the css files. I did a diff in Notepad++ between the base ForumTemplates of v2.1 and v2.4 and am trying to make it absolutely clear to myself what changes I need to make if any to our production files if any.  Undecided

IP Logged

JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #1 - Jun 3rd, 2011 at 8:30am
Post Tools
A. No, you are not out of bounds.

B. In the interim, why don't you ask your question(s) here, and those of us who are not on our way to revive Spirit or visit with the Dahli Lama will try to answer them.  Grin

Most of the stuff in there is also stored in the gray matter of those of us who answer all these questions.

Cheers
Smiley

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
IP Logged

P2D
YaBB Newcomer

YaBB 2.4
2.1 upgrade to 2.4 css migration guide
Jun 3rd, 2011 at 2:38am
Post Tools
I have been trying to access a CSS migration guide from a link in the upgrade section but the Codex forum states: "Our Forum is currently in Maintenance Mode!
We are currently upgrading our forum again. Please check back shortly!" for the last several days.

Am I out of bounds saying that this seems to be a long time?
« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2011 at 2:40am by P2D »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top