Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) The CorcyraGlobal web site and forum using YaBB (Read 6,194 times)
Derek Barnstorm
Support Team
YaBB Next Team
Development Team
Beta Testers

None
Re: The CorcyraGlobal web site and forum using YaBB
Reply #14 - Jun 13th, 2011 at 8:46pm
Post Tools
CorcyraGlobal wrote on Jun 13th, 2011 at 1:37pm:
Thank you for the nice comments, did you listen to the sounds demo at the bottom of the "demonstration" page? We will be restructuring the "demonstrations" page very significantly next month to feature individual demos for most of the sounds.

Yeah, nice. I will be keeping my watchful eye out. Smiley

CorcyraGlobal wrote on Jun 13th, 2011 at 1:37pm:
If you know any keyboard musicians looking for the latest and greatest gear for live performances, please direct them to our web site?

I do know a couple or few keyboard players, but I'm afraid they're generally more analog sort of guys. The next time I see them though, I'll tell them to check it out. Wink

« Last Edit: Jun 13th, 2011 at 8:47pm by Derek Barnstorm »  

IP Logged

JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #13 - Jun 13th, 2011 at 5:03pm
Post Tools
Nice job and a cool product!

Cool

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
IP Logged

CorcyraGlobal
YaBB Newcomer

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #12 - Jun 13th, 2011 at 1:56pm
Post Tools
Derek Barnstorm wrote on Jun 13th, 2011 at 1:11pm:
You can already change the colour scheme with a colour picker and preview it from Admin Center => Forum Layout => Style Sheet. Admittedly though, it could do with a bit of a makeover.

My mistake, I never looked at that admin page because from its description, I thought it was just going to be a text editor for the .css style sheet files.  Maybe the admin entry should say "color scheme" instead of "style sheet"?

Anyway it's great, that's nearly all that is needed, except there is probably too much freedom in picking colors and this would lead to incompatibilities with the icon sets.  I think for YaBB 3 what is needed is a set of maybe a few dozen different color icons for the corners, together with those exact same colors available in a predefined set of color schemes that are supplied with YaBB 3 release version as default.  Then, admins would just select the predefined color scheme from the drop box on the admin -> style sheet page, and the corresponding icon sets for the rounded corners would be automatically selected as well.

It would also be great in YaBB 3 if all the icons were .gif files with transparency background instead of .jpg since that would allow simplified color scheme selection (i.e. the icons would have one color instead of two, so instead of n squared icon sets, there would just be n icon sets.).

If you and co-developers would like someone to volunteer to create the different .gif icon sets in different graduated fill colors to match the YaBB 3 color combinations, then that is something I could take on.  

Maybe my user account on this forum could be modified so I can access the Admin->style sheet page to create new color schemes and upload icon sets for people to try out?

Best regards,
Rob

IP Logged

CorcyraGlobal
YaBB Newcomer

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #11 - Jun 13th, 2011 at 1:37pm
Post Tools
Derek Barnstorm wrote on Jun 10th, 2011 at 8:33pm:
Oooh! Never mind the forum - I'm digging those sounds. Nice product!

Is that your own creation?

Hi Derek,

Thank you for the nice comments, did you listen to the sounds demo at the bottom of the "demonstration" page? We will be restructuring the "demonstrations" page very significantly next month to feature individual demos for most of the sounds.

The sounds are made by my business partner James Tubbritt who is a co-director of Corcyra Global, and who has his own recording studio.  We are the distributor for the Groove X-R musical instrument in the USA and UK and other English speaking countries.  The hardware and software of the Groove X-R is a new product, manufactured by Lionstracs of Italy.  The first Groove X-R units will be sent to customers in September this year.

If you know any keyboard musicians looking for the latest and greatest gear for live performances, please direct them to our web site?

Best regards,
Rob

IP Logged

CorcyraGlobal
YaBB Newcomer

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #10 - Jun 13th, 2011 at 1:24pm
Post Tools
L_ith wrote on Jun 12th, 2011 at 1:10am:
what issues do you have with dark shadows and 2.5? im on 2.4 and have been since release. and also using dark shadows theme.

but i think (Derek) the one who made that theme said there isn't a 2.5 version your running into a lot of problems or just little minor errors?

nice forum !

Hi L_ith,

Thanks for your kind comments.  Although there isn't officially a 2.5 version of the DarkShadows theme, the edits required to the 2.4 version are very minimal and Derek has very kindly provided all the details as explained below.

In performing the YaBB 2.4 to YaBB 2.5 update it is very important to use the following version of the YaBB files, otherwise you will loose your current user database and current messages:

http://mesh.dl.sourceforge.net/project/yabb/YaBB%202/2.5%20AE/YaBB_2.5_AE-Upgrad...

I unpacked those files on my PC, I FTP'd all the customized versions of the DarkShadows templates to my PC from my YaBB 2.4 server, I performed the edits that Derek told me about on my PC.  I then FTP uploaded the lot to my server, and that was that, the upgrade was completed inside of 45 minutes.

The DarkShadows files worked perfectly first time.  I then went into my userCP and I changed the profile to "default" to see what the YaBB 2.5 AE forum default would look like, and it was a mess.  The "upgrade" distribution had not updated the "default" template.   Nor had it updated the help files.

So, later on I downloaded the full version of the YaBB 2.5 files to my PC:

http://mesh.dl.sourceforge.net/project/yabb/YaBB%202/2.5%20AE/YaBB_2.5_AE.zip

I then extracted all the "default" template files including the necessary icons, and I extracted all the help files.  I deleted everything else.  I then uploaded those files to the correct locations on my web server, and now everything works perfectly.

I think in future that YaBB "upgrade" versions should deliver the new "default" template and the new help files.  If users modify the old "default" templates then they should first copy them new directory structure and rename the files accordingly.

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
Support Team
YaBB Next Team
Development Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #9 - Jun 13th, 2011 at 1:11pm
Post Tools
CorcyraGlobal wrote on Jun 13th, 2011 at 12:55pm:
Derek ... Many thanks, I made that change to darkshadows.html, can you see it working?  I think the menu behavior is better.

Yep. Looks better - It was just for the bottom navigation where 'Top of this page' is.

CorcyraGlobal wrote on Jun 13th, 2011 at 12:55pm:
Going forward with YaBB 3, it would be great if the standard YaBB 3 template could be used with a DarkShadows color scheme.  Ideally, YaBB 3 should implement a color picker in the Admin section, so it's just a case of the administrator substituting a new set of colors and then saving the new color scheme, and then editing the set of icon images to provide a set with the appropriate colors.

You can already change the colour scheme with a colour picker and preview it from Admin Center => Forum Layout => Style Sheet. Admittedly though, it could do with a bit of a makeover.

IP Logged

CorcyraGlobal
YaBB Newcomer

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #8 - Jun 13th, 2011 at 1:02pm
Post Tools
L_ith wrote on Jun 12th, 2011 at 1:10am:
what issues do you have with dark shadows and 2.5? im on 2.4 and have been since release. and also using dark shadows theme.

but i think (Derek) the one who made that theme said there isn't a 2.5 version your running into a lot of problems or just little minor errors?

nice forum !

Hi L_ith,

Thanks for your comments.  Although there isn't officially a 2.5 version of the DarkShadows theme, the edits required to the 2.4 version are very minimal and Derek has very kindly provided all the details.

In performing the YaBB 2.4 to YaBB 2.5 update it is very important to use this version of the files, otherwise you will loose your current user database and current messages:

YaBB_2.5_AE-Upgrade.zip

IP Logged

CorcyraGlobal
YaBB Newcomer

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #7 - Jun 13th, 2011 at 12:55pm
Post Tools
Derek Barnstorm wrote on Jun 12th, 2011 at 12:21pm:
L_ith... See this post: http://www.boardmod.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1277484395/48#48

Rob... I've modified that post to add one more small change if you want to make it.

Derek ... Many thanks, I made that change to darkshadows.html, can you see it working?  I think the menu behavior is better.

Going forward with YaBB 3, it would be great if the standard YaBB 3 template could be used with a DarkShadows color scheme.  Ideally, YaBB 3 should implement a color picker in the Admin section, so it's just a case of the administrator substituting a new set of colors and then saving the new color scheme, and then editing the set of icon images to provide a set with the appropriate colors.

IP Logged

L_ith

Reply #6 - Jun 12th, 2011 at 3:28pm
Post Tools
ahhDerek Barnstorm wrote on Jun 12th, 2011 at 12:21pm:
L_ith... See this post: http://www.boardmod.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1277484395/48#48

Rob... I've modified that post to add one more small change if you want to make it.

ahh i see,

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
Support Team
YaBB Next Team
Development Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #5 - Jun 12th, 2011 at 12:21pm
Post Tools

IP Logged

L_ith

Reply #4 - Jun 12th, 2011 at 1:10am
Post Tools
CorcyraGlobal wrote on Jun 10th, 2011 at 12:53pm:
Our web site's YaBB 2.4 user forum uses the Dark Shadows template, with a few changes to the header and background regions of the template files, so the user forum and rest of the web site pages have the same look and feel.  We are about to upgrade to YaBB 2.5 just as soon as a few issues re the Dark Shadows template files are resolved.  Comments and suggestions for improvement very welcome.

http://www.corcyraglobal.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl

Thanks,
Rob and James

nice forum !

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
Support Team
YaBB Next Team
Development Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #3 - Jun 10th, 2011 at 8:33pm
Post Tools
Oooh! Never mind the forum - I'm digging those sounds. Nice product!

Is that your own creation?

IP Logged

CorcyraGlobal
YaBB Newcomer

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #2 - Jun 10th, 2011 at 7:49pm
Post Tools
JonB wrote on Jun 10th, 2011 at 5:14pm:
Whoops!  Shocked
I'm getting this -

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.
The script had an error or it did not produce any output. If there was an error, you should be able to see it in the error log.  

Good Luck
Cool

Hi JonB,

This occurred during a 30 minute period while YaBB 2.5 updates were being uploaded.  I had taken the forum into Maintenance Mode first, but while the updated files were being delivered, one of the files must have taken the forum out of maintenance mode prematurely.  Anyway it's now up and running again, this time with YaBB 2.5 and modified DarkShadows templates - thanks to help from Derek Barnstorm on this thread:  http://www.boardmod.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1277484395

Take a look now?

Thanks,
Rob

IP Logged

JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #1 - Jun 10th, 2011 at 5:14pm
Post Tools
Whoops!  Shocked
I'm getting this -

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.
The script had an error or it did not produce any output. If there was an error, you should be able to see it in the error log. 

Good Luck
Cool

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
IP Logged

CorcyraGlobal
YaBB Newcomer

YaBB 2.6.0
The CorcyraGlobal web site and forum using YaBB
Jun 10th, 2011 at 12:53pm
Post Tools
Our web site's YaBB 2.4 user forum uses the Dark Shadows template, with a few changes to the header and background regions of the template files, so the user forum and rest of the web site pages have the same look and feel.  We are about to upgrade to YaBB 2.5 just as soon as a few issues re the Dark Shadows template files are resolved.  Comments and suggestions for improvement very welcome.

http://www.corcyraglobal.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl

Thanks,
Rob and James

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top