Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Change the Absolute Path (Read 2,890 times)
Meta4XYZ
YaBB Newcomer

None
Change the Absolute Path
Jul 12th, 2011 at 2:22am
Post Tools
Somehow, I've managed to get a really, really wrong Absolute Path configured.  I'm not sure what I was smoking when I did the original configuration.  I can't find any place to change the absolute path, and my Google Fu has left me empty.  Any ideas?

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Re: Change the Absolute Path
Reply #1 - Jul 17th, 2011 at 8:05pm
Post Tools
Meta4XYZ wrote on Jul 12th, 2011 at 2:22am:
Somehow, I've managed to get a really, really wrong Absolute Path configured.  I'm not sure what I was smoking when I did the original configuration.  I can't find any place to change the absolute path, and my Google Fu has left me empty.  Any ideas?

hi you have D:/Web/wwwroot/Forum/cgi-bin/yabb2/ as your Absolute Path in yabb this is
Board Directory:

your prob mite be that you mite be missing a / in D:/Web/www/root/Forum/cgi-bin/yabb2/

you can find Paths.pl in the same place as YaBB.pl in Paths.pl you will see  
Code
Select All
$boardurl = "your Board Directory url"; # URL of your board's folder (without trailing '/')
$boarddir = "your Board Directory "; # The server path to the board's folder (usually can be left as '.') 

post back if this dident help

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

Meta4XYZ
YaBB Newcomer

None
Reply #2 - Jul 18th, 2011 at 12:35am
Post Tools
Thanks for the response, xnoddyx!  Unfortunately, "wwwroot" is the correct name of the folder.  However, I'm pretty sure the absolute path is not supposed to be a local directory (e.g. the D: drive).  The absolute path shown above does not appear in Paths.pl and I've looked everywhere I can think of, but I can't find the Absolute Path listed.  It also doesn't appear anywhere within the web interface except the paths page, and it isn't modifiable there.

Any idea where the absolute path is stored?
« Last Edit: Jul 18th, 2011 at 12:36am by Meta4XYZ »  

IP Logged

Meta4XYZ
YaBB Newcomer

None
Reply #3 - Jul 18th, 2011 at 12:56am
Post Tools
As an addendum, I tried searching the contents of the entire forum directory (cgi-bin and public_html) for the absolute path and came up empty.  I'm not sure where this thing is hiding, but I certainly can't find it!

Thanks!
« Last Edit: Jul 18th, 2011 at 1:00am by Meta4XYZ »  

IP Logged

Meta4XYZ
YaBB Newcomer

None
Reply #4 - Jul 18th, 2011 at 2:07am
Post Tools
I finally got this one conquered.  It appears the Absolute Path isn't listed in any file because it's dynamically generated for the Paths.pl page, not drawn from a setting in any particular file.  I used Process Monitor to see what path Perl.exe was actually trying to reference, then fixed my paths through trial and error.  Everything appears to be working great now!

IP Logged

JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Reply #5 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 2:42am
Post Tools
That's great.

In Perl, its common practice to make configuration files as .pl(s). If you peek at them, inside they are actually basically a long series of assignment statements.  By making them .pl files you can read them in by inclusion (and directly edit them).

Good Luck with your forum

Cool

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools