Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Installation (Read 1,431 times)
Missy
YaBB Newcomer

Installation
Jul 13th, 2011 at 9:19am
Post Tools
Hello all... it's been years since I was around here. Anyhow, I wanted to use Yabb again for my forums but on another website address. Back when I first found this software, the wonderful support here helped me set it up. I'm on I believe a Unix system but I have to be quite honest, I am not that well trained on FTP and script stuff other then HTML and a tiny bit of PHP. So I come here to ask the wonderful team here if they might help me install yabb again on another website??

Thanks!
Missy

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Re: Installation
Reply #1 - Jul 17th, 2011 at 7:43pm
Post Tools
hi this mite be of help to you

if you need more help with just post back here or PM

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

Missy
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #2 - Jul 20th, 2011 at 12:09pm
Post Tools
Thank you very much for the video... it did tell me what I had to do in order to get to the set up but after I did everything up to the setup page (autofill and all), I just go onto a 500 error page Sad Any ideas?

Remember I'm trying to put this behind a password protected folder... would this be an issue?? I have checked, I use godaddy hosting BTW on a UNIX system and they have shown me the file that says I can use the PERL script any where on my host as long as it was 2.0 which I have as well.

Any advice would be greatly welcomed! I get to the setup page but can't get any farther... this is where I become quite confused.

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jul 20th, 2011 at 3:59pm
Post Tools
Missy wrote on Jul 20th, 2011 at 12:09pm:
I just go onto a 500 error page Sad Any ideas?

Remember I'm trying to put this behind a password protected folder...

Yes is could .. the folders (directories) used in a YaBB install MUST be CHMOD to at least 755. (Read/Write/Run) in order for the files to work as they should.
  These permissions do NOT invalidate the proper security needed for a properly run website.
Note: A 500 ISE (Internal Server Error) can and could also be caused by corrupt files ... uploading YaBB files from a personal pc to the internet website MUST be proper, ALL files under the yabb2 folder MUST be uploaded in an AscII transfer Mode.
« Last Edit: Jul 20th, 2011 at 4:00pm by »  

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #4 - Jul 29th, 2011 at 1:49pm
Post Tools
Missy wrote on Jul 20th, 2011 at 12:09pm:
Remember I'm trying to put this behind a password protected folder... would this be an issue??

yes a .htaccess  password protected folder can be an issue but if it works the way you want it to all good this will be of hellp to you http://tools.dynamicdrive.com/password/

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

Typomaniac
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #5 - Sep 1st, 2011 at 4:40am
Post Tools
Just a thought but do the install before passwording the directory(folder) Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top