Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic sub-boards (Read 1,055 times)
xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Re: sub-boards
Reply #2 - Jul 29th, 2011 at 2:18pm
Post Tools
Imp_In_Training wrote on Jul 23rd, 2011 at 4:19pm:
Another function I could really use is the ability to send private lines of conversation embedded within public messages... sort of like whispering to a select few.  But I don't expect I'll ever see that in YaBB.  It's such a specialized need.

you can make a Request here http://www.boardmod.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=hacks

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Re: sub-boards
Reply #1 - Jul 23rd, 2011 at 5:45pm
Post Tools
Imp_In_Training wrote on Jul 23rd, 2011 at 4:19pm:
Is the sub-board function that you use here available in YaBB 2.5, or is it something available in the next version?

I mod'ed my YaBB 2.1 to use sub-boards, and when I loaded a test forum upgraded to YaBB 2.5 I noticed it dumped all of my sub-boards.  I didn't see any method to make sub-boards in the board settings.  I'm hoping it is something you intend on implementing.  It is very useful.

Next Version .....

Nope - Very specialized need
« Last Edit: Aug 4th, 2011 at 9:28pm by »  

IP Logged

Imp_In_Training

sub-boards
Jul 23rd, 2011 at 4:19pm
Post Tools
Is the sub-board function that you use here available in YaBB 2.5, or is it something available in the next version?

I mod'ed my YaBB 2.1 to use sub-boards, and when I loaded a test forum upgraded to YaBB 2.5 I noticed it dumped all of my sub-boards.  I didn't see any method to make sub-boards in the board settings.  I'm hoping it is something you intend on implementing.  It is very useful.

Another function I could really use is the ability to send private lines of conversation embedded within public messages... sort of like whispering to a select few.  But I don't expect I'll ever see that in YaBB.  It's such a specialized need.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top