Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Topic Notifications after Upgrade (Read 897 times)
djblamire

None
Topic Notifications after Upgrade
Aug 13th, 2011 at 5:56pm
Post Tools
Since an upgrade from 2.1 to 2.5 (New Install and manually copying over files), topic notifications don't seem to be working anymore.

One of our moderators is subscribed to all threads (they should receive e-mail when a posting is made anywhere in the forum), and since the upgrade not a single notification has been sent.

Does something need to be re-enabled globally for this to work again ?

Thanks
Daniel

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Re: Topic Notifications after Upgrade
Reply #1 - Aug 13th, 2011 at 6:03pm
Post Tools

IP Logged

djblamire

None
Reply #2 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 12:46pm
Post Tools
Thanks for your reply.

In order for members to be sent e-mails when responses are posted, they must have the option turned on in their profiles (by going to User CP > Profile > Options, then near to the bottom "Post and Board Notifications").  This is hidden away and I don't believe existed in v2.1

I've been told by a regular member that his e-mail setting for notifications was set to "no".

In the previous version, in order to subscribe it was only necessary to add threads or boards to one's notification list.

I am deeply concerned that both existing and new members might have opted to get notifications, expecting them to be via e-mail when in fact the setting to get them by e-mail is off.

Is this how it is supposed to work on version 2.5 (we upgraded from version 2.1) ?

Any suggestions on how to enable this by default for existing members ? - After all, they have chosen to be notified of replies, etc, which isn't happening when this is set to 'No'.

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 2:15pm
Post Tools
djblamire wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 12:46pm:
After all, they have chosen to be notified of replies

There are 2 ways to set Notifications each choose able by user member.
A Simple Pop up when user returns to Forum and/or an Email.

Again .. we do NOT provide a hack to default users to receiving Emails.  Since you have upgraded I would presume it would be nice for your users/members to come back to the site and see your changes in your forum.
   You can simply email your users from the Admin Center > Email Members and advise them of the changes and need to return and set their preferences.

IP Logged

C-man
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #4 - Oct 8th, 2013 at 4:53am
Post Tools
Hey guys,

I'm having similar problems - Topic notification is not working after upgrading to 2.5. Board notification does work.

I have checked the links posted by "Captain John", I had to update the chmods from file level to 666 and some folders to 755 but those still didn't help. I also checked those global settings (were disabled) and enabled those. I checked my own profile settings and enabled those. Still not working. Any other ideas? Thanks!

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #5 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 11:36pm
Post Tools
C-man wrote on Oct 8th, 2013 at 4:53am:
Hey guys,

I'm having similar problems - Topic notification is not working after upgrading to 2.5. Board notification does work.

I have checked the links posted by "Captain John", I had to update the chmods from file level to 666 and some folders to 755 but those still didn't help. I also checked those global settings (were disabled) and enabled those. I checked my own profile settings and enabled those. Still not working. Any other ideas? Thanks!

can you pm me admin login info and url to the forum and I will have a look for you.

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools